Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times...

(Read 2754 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 10:05 AM »

Gerrard not suprisingly finally got into the game when Crouch came on, and he could move back to where he should have been from the start. Benitez ****** up as he did in 2005, only that time he corrected it with enough left for time for a comeback.
True about Kaka. Both he and Seedorf had suprisingly quiet games, I expected to see much more from both of them. Twas a good game to watch.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 10:15 AM »

Definately agree with you on the Crouch thing. He did seem to settle right down the last ten mins. Although I still just thought Gerrard was a little nervy the whole match. Maybe it's cause he was uncomfortable but he had stupid moments all over the place. He had two of the best chances of the match and bottled it.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 10:16 AM »

Why on earth it took so long to get Crouch on, and in fact why the heck he was not on from the start only Benitez knows. He made some bad tactical decisions that IMO lost him the match.
IP Logged
gjr
Challenger Level

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 10:24 AM »

Gerrard not suprisingly finally got into the game when Crouch came on, and he could move back to where he should have been from the start. Benitez f**ked up as he did in 2005, only that time he corrected it with enough left for time for a comeback.
True about Kaka. Both he and Seedorf had suprisingly quiet games, I expected to see much more from both of them. Twas a good game to watch.

The reason why Kaka and Seedorf had quiet games was the way in which Rafa set the lads up. Thats why Stevie was playing where he was. Kuyt and Stevie harried the Milan defense for the entire first half. Alonso and Masch controlled the middle and got the ball out wide. Sadly we only created a couple of half chances that we where unable to take.

I thought we played much better than in Istanbul but thats footy for you. We where lucky in 2005 and they had a bit of luck last night.

Disappointed but not as devastated as I should be.

The road to Moscow starts from today.

Onwards and upwards

Smile

Thanks mods for leaving this thread up wave

I was hoping in my drunken stupor that I would have been in to bump this with a "Told you!" but it was not to be.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 10:57 AM »

Definately. Talk about making the same mistakes twice. Really felt for the fans this morning watching them on tv.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 11:32 AM »

Why on earth it took so long to get Crouch on, and in fact why the heck he was not on from the start only Benitez knows.

Yeah, I was  just wondering about that.... And also wondering why Gerrard was not in midfield.... Liverpool dominated possession, they had more chances, but their finishing just wasn't there...
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 01:36 PM »

Agree GJR completely!  I think playing Zenden was a mistake, we could have put Kewell on but he hasnt played much and probably wouldn't have lasted long. I dont think it was just Gerrard that looked nervous both teams played that way. No one stood out as a big time player. Kaka was, as his name suggests.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 01:50 PM »

No way Zenden should have seen a game like this, and Benitez took much too long to get him off. Crouch should have started.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 07:27 PM »

Yeah, I was  just wondering about that.... And also wondering why Gerrard was not in midfield.... Liverpool dominated possession, they had more chances, but their finishing just wasn't there...

Is there a lot of live football shown in the states???
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: In Athens, Greece, We'll win it six times... « Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 05:21 PM »

Is there a lot of live football shown in the states???

No, but they always show a lot of the CL, MLS games on every thursday night, plus complete coverage of Euro and the World Cups (women's and men's)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »