Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  London 2012 Paralympics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

London 2012 Paralympics

(Read 414 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

London 2012 Paralympics « on: August 30, 2012, 12:40 AM »

Brilliant opening ceremony and already so many amazing stories about those talking part. Looking forward to learning a lot more about how these athletes compete and the variations depending on classification- I'm sure I'll get confused.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Paralympics « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:16 PM »

It really is mental. I haven't seen that much of it because I just can't find myself really enjoying it (not to take anything from the athletes, what they do really is incredible) and I'm now distracted by the tennis, the F1 has returned from the summer break and the football season has started again.

I did see a one-armed cyclist beat a two-armed British guy, a guy with no arms winning his swimming event and a guy doing archery with his feet. It must take so much hard work and dedication to learn how to do this to such a high level.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: London 2012 Paralympics « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:18 PM »

Some pretty amazing things but I just can't get over the swimmers with no arms! Cycling with 1 leg looks ridiculously difficult too.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: London 2012 Paralympics « Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39 PM »

These athletes are somwthing else.  They are wonderful.  Little Ellioe Simmonds brought tears to my eyes and the dressage girl with her incredible horse also moved me.  I understand that she talks to him all the time.  Being a horsey person myself I think it is so important to talk to animals.  My endurance horse and myself both talked.  He used to whicker to me when we on long rides together.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Paralympics « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 03:13 AM »

Find it amazing that throughout the Olympics and now the Paralympics, Kate appears to have been at every single event. Even things that are on at the same time. It's unbelieveable. I have come to the only possible conclusion and that is that she has a Tardis. It's the only explanation - she must watch one event then hop into the Tardis to go back a few hours and go to something else and so on so that she appears in the crowd at every single event we see on TV. I am absolutely certain that most days when I have flicked between channels showing different live events she has been at all of them.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Paralympics « Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Just seen GB even lose the blind football semi final on penalties. Beyond ridiculous now isn't it?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »