Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  London Olympics 2012: Other sports 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

London Olympics 2012: Other sports

(Read 8856 times)
ljs
Futures Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #105 on: July 30, 2012, 10:10 PM »

me too MH , did u see them going crazy when they thought they had the bronze .
But Yayyyy for Team GB on their bronze medal !!!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #106 on: July 31, 2012, 12:54 AM »

Cocked up the 4th dive, 5th wasn't great and they're out of the medals.

So frustrating after leading after 3 dives with a big distance to 3rd. One poor dive and it all goes to sh*t. So disappointing.
I was watching the diving and really felt for Tom.  He looked pretty gutted.  Now I'm feeling very, very angry after coming across this piece of news -

"British diver Tom Daley was the subject of abuse about his dead father after finishing fourth"
http://sport.uk.msn.com/olympics-2012/inside-track/blogpost.aspx?post=6f4777f5-ce75-4cde-850d-6326599981f7&_nwpt=1

The fact that the author of the three tweets which started the outrage has now apologised cuts no ice with me.  It seems there's no level too low for these scum to sink to.  Yes I know disappointment can manifest itself as anger, but this is way beyond unacceptable.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #107 on: July 31, 2012, 12:57 AM »

He apologised, then got angry because no-one picked up on the apology, then went back to attacking Daley again. Incredible how some people are so brainless.

Man United fan too. There's a shock.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #108 on: July 31, 2012, 02:47 AM »

Didn't realise he'd apologised in between the tweets.  Moron!  Anyway he's been told in no uncertain terms what people think of him.  Hope Tom doesn't let it get to him.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #109 on: July 31, 2012, 09:52 AM »

Bronze now after appeal from Japan.

Saw that on the news this morning.  What happened?  What did they appeal against.  Tough on Ukraine and the Brits but well done. clap
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #110 on: July 31, 2012, 11:39 AM »

Saw that on the news this morning.  What happened?  What did they appeal against.  Tough on Ukraine and the Brits but well done. clap

The appeal was agains the score of the last Japanese gymnastic. The refs awarded him a better score after a pretty long review.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #111 on: July 31, 2012, 01:17 PM »

goodjob  Couldn't everyone do that though?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #112 on: July 31, 2012, 01:20 PM »

Nah. Basically the Japanese guy messed up his dismount a little and as far as I understand he didn't get awarded anything for that. The Japanese appealed that he should still have got something as he did complete the dismount, even though he stumbled, and they got an extra 0.5 which was enough to lift them very narrowly above GB.

Silver in the Equestrian for GB. Ireland came 5th.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #113 on: July 31, 2012, 01:23 PM »

goodjob  Couldn't everyone do that though?

Yes, everyone can appeal. I'm not into gymnastics that much. Watching every 4 years one event, but there is always some kind controversy by the refs.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #114 on: July 31, 2012, 01:35 PM »

Well thank you for the feedback. 

I hear that the GB team got silver in the equestrian team event clap just nudging out the Kiwi's cmon yeah  There are 2 in the office following that one.  The Kiwis have a good chance in the individual event for gold unless the Brits rain on that parade too devil
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #115 on: July 31, 2012, 03:11 PM »

I think the Japanese had the right of appeal.  They guy came off his horse but did recover well to be scored in a dismount.  I'm sure the GB lads are delighted with a bronze - so well done to them!!!  Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #116 on: July 31, 2012, 05:05 PM »

Oh well, the Brits are now out in badminton.  Shame, because we won medals in Beijing and Athens, but these top players have now retired and it's a much younger crowd coming through.  This is their first Olympics, so better luck next time round.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #117 on: July 31, 2012, 08:23 PM »

Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins has his Olympic training kit stolen from a hotel used as a base for the Team GB cyclists - BBC

Ahhh fantastic - the players even get to experience some of the East London vibes in their accommodation. The Olympic committee has thought of everything Smile

Coming from the East hood myself, I is well proud rite now. Respekt, bruv.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #118 on: July 31, 2012, 10:41 PM »

Poshest East Londoner I know.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #119 on: July 31, 2012, 11:09 PM »

Anyone else feel that women's football should be restricted to the Paralympics?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »