Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  London Olympics 2012: Other sports 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

London Olympics 2012: Other sports

(Read 7194 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #405 on: August 07, 2012, 07:12 PM »

So proud of Chris, fantastic achievement. I want him back on the front of my Bran Flakes box. yay
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #406 on: August 07, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Oh and Laura Trott deserves a mention, dramatic victory for her. Needed to beat the American by 3 places in the final 2 lap time trial, and did
Absolutely.... I believe she won in a canter.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #407 on: August 08, 2012, 02:02 AM »

Team GB as a whole? Too broad IMO. Not even sure I agreed with the overall GB cycling team winning it last time. To me a "team" in this sense is more the cycling pursuit teams or the rowing fours or pairs or a relay team.

More short term, who is an early pick to carry the flag at the closing ceremony? Given Hoy did the opening ceremony it should really be someone else. Think it will probably be Ennis as the golden girl of the games, or possibly Wiggins as the other massive star. I'd go with Ben Ainslie though. 4th consecutive gold. That equals Pinsent and approaches Redgrave.

But who would be more deserving than another?  All 'teams' have done well.  Look at the equestrian team for these last few days.  Hard call.  Think

Truly amazing.

I wonder if Trott and Kenny can surpass him in the future? Trott has 2 golds at 20, Kenny has 3 golds at 24. Way too early to really think about that though.

Also another medal for New Zealand Bev - equal 3rd with a Dutch guy in the Keirin.

goodjob 

They are all bitterly disappointed with Valerie Adams silver in the shot-put and Nick Willis in the 1500m hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #408 on: August 08, 2012, 02:03 AM »

Well done to all concerned for Tuesday's medal winners.  clap

How good are those people from Yorkshire!
[ Last edit by Bevc August 08, 2012, 02:07 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #409 on: August 08, 2012, 07:05 AM »

Brownlee twins are  trophy trophy
Just amazing in a difficult sport. A's run was so shocking fast after cycling and swimming too yay
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #410 on: August 08, 2012, 08:02 AM »

Victoria Pendleton was definitely robbed of the chance to really contest the medal.  She did cross the line but Anna Meares had put out her elbow which looked as if she was intending to puch Victoria.  They should have had to start agasin I feel.  This has shades of the gymnastics and the Japanese.  As a country we do not tend to protest but apparently  Chris Brailsford argued very hard for Victoria.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #411 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27 AM »

The Kiwi's are gutted that the Aussies nabbed another gold medal. I didn't see the race so can't comment but I did see pictures of a heartbroken Victoria.  So tough for her. hug
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #412 on: August 08, 2012, 03:47 PM »

There's a 31yo Swiss guy called Roger in the BMX racing.

He's wearing a helmet to cover up his face.

Surely not.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #413 on: August 08, 2012, 03:49 PM »

TMH, wow u may be on to something...and, have u noticed, Batman's face is always covered? shocking
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #414 on: August 08, 2012, 03:55 PM »

TMH, wow u may be on to something...and, have u noticed, Batman's face is always covered? shocking
shocking
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #415 on: August 08, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Been such an amazing Olympics from a GB perspective. I just can't believe how many golds we've won outside of the rowing and cycling. Still can't get over that day in the athletics.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #416 on: August 09, 2012, 12:25 PM »

Was a quiet day yesterday but we still managed to nab a silver didn't we?

Well done anyway clap

Bit of drama in the boxing late last night and an appeal going on but not sure of the details/outcome.

Oh, most watched Olympics apparently.  Approx 50m in the UK alone have watched some of it.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #417 on: August 09, 2012, 04:57 PM »

What a day again.  Gold and Bronze in the individyal dressage with a score of 90.08% which is almost unheard of.  Now we also have the lightweight women's boxing gold.  Another good day.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #418 on: August 09, 2012, 05:29 PM »

Elsewhere Liam Phillips is into the semi-finals in the BMX (came 2nd in his heat after three races) and the 19yo Jade Jones has just beaten the top seed in the taekwondo to make the final.

Been a great day so far. The dressage was brilliant. Never thought I'd find myself watching horses dancing before.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #419 on: August 09, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Been a great day so far. The dressage was brilliant. Never thought I'd find myself watching horses dancing before.

I was amazed to find myself not just watching, but getting quite emotional as a horse danced to the Lion King, with almost perfect timing.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »