Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld  >  Sports Talk  >  Rugby World Cup 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Question: Who will win the Rugby World Cup?
New Zealand - 6 (46.2%)
England - 3 (23.1%)
South Africa - 0 (0%)
Australia - 1 (7.7%)
Ireland - 1 (7.7%)
France - 1 (7.7%)
Wales - 0 (0%)
Argentina - 0 (0%)
Scotland - 1 (7.7%)
Samoa - 0 (0%)
Fiji - 0 (0%)
Italy - 0 (0%)
Tonga - 0 (0%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Reply

Rugby World Cup 2015

(Read 1279 times)

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015 « Reply #120 on: October 07, 2015, 01:40 AM »

I saw that story too. I couldn't work it out whether it was poking fingers at them or just being totally silly. I did not feel it was particularly kind on the Welsh team and not interesting enough either to get news coverage.
I agree, although, as a believer in the paranormal thanks to several personal experiences, I do believe that what they saw was real given the haunted history of the hotel, so therefore found it quite interesting - http://www.ghostclub.org.uk/oatlands.htm

I have a suspicion though that some nasty-minded English journalist could have written the article in attempt to undermine Wales's credibility in the eyes of the Australians prior to the match.  I mean, 15 stone hulks claiming they saw wee ghosties doesn't sound all that great!  I think Samson Lee should have kept his mouth shut, but then we don't know the circumstances in which the interview took place.

IP Logged
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015 « Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 09:46 PM »

Ridiculous how gleeful everyone here still is about England's elimination. It's given much more joy than the All Blacks winning. My Facebook feed is still full of it and every time you go on a news site there's yet another article slagging them off. Yes it's embarrassing to go out so early but it's not like we got thrashed by minnows. We lost to 2 of the favourites. Coverage of the teams still in and even of the All Blackes has paled into insiginficance this week.

It would make my decade if the All Blacks lose the quarter final. Especially if it's to France again.
IP Logged

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015 « Reply #122 on: Yesterday at 09:59 PM »

Maybe the problem with England was that, as the host nation, they were expected to do well, and we all know on here how some people, and the media, react when their expectations of Andy aren't met.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »