Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  London Olympics 2012: Other sports 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

London Olympics 2012: Other sports

(Read 7781 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

London Olympics 2012: Other sports « on: July 26, 2012, 01:49 AM »

So the GB ladies team got off to a good start yesterday with a 1-0 win over the Football Ferns (I'm sure all the Kiwi teams have some kind of nickname - the black cocks might be the badminton team dontknow ) though reading the match report, the GB ladies seemed to take a little time to settle down.

Anyway, well done to them!

cmon GB
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:05 AM »

I'll be watching badminton as well as tennis.  Team GB consists of 4 players - 2 from England and 2 from Scotland.  For anyone else who's interested - http://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/landing.asp?section=2820&sectionTitle=Olympic+Badminton

Unlike tennis though I prefer watching the doubles.  Singles are a bit boring.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:28 AM »

I'll be interested in the rowing (actually know more of the Kiwi's in that particular area blush ), swimming and cycling events.  How much of them I get to see is a different matter.  And yes Aileen, badminton doubles is amazing to watch.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Good start for Team GB in the football.  I am looking forward to the cycling, tennis, swimming and athletics.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 05:30 PM »

I follow everything pretty much , but am excited about the female boxing , cause Ive met the Canadian Mary Spencer at the gym 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 11:51 PM »

I'll be interested in the rowing (actually know more of the Kiwi's in that particular area blush ),
You're forgiven. Very Happy   I'll probably watch some other sports as well as tennis and badminton.  Cycling is always good as are some of the athletics.  Not struck on swimming as such but I do enjoy watching the diving.  It'll be interesting to see how Tom Daley gets on this time round.

IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 01:06 AM »

Always interested in the swimming but impossible to get tickets for!  Anyone offering? Wink

Not looking forward to leaving for work 40 minutes to an hour earlier than usual but out and about today, buzz around London! I think I'm starting to like this whole Olympics thing. Smile 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48 AM »

If anything, the Olympics have to have a feel good factor about them in your own country - wish I was there atm.

Didn't realise that the road race in on Saturday - Mark Cavendish a contender and has just been on a cycle tour of France apparently blink Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 03:07 AM »

If anything, the Olympics have to have a feel good factor about them in your own country - wish I was there atm.
I haven't been aware of any FGF in Edinburgh and no obvious signs that the Olympics exist apart from five rings on a hillside near the Castle.  Too many tourists around, I think.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 07:23 AM »

Oh God......I just love it all!! I will make a special effort to watch the women's weightlifting though, so I can watch out for little Zoe. We saw a programme on tv the other night, about what she and 3 other girls had to go through to qualify and she was the only one to win through! They went through hell! It was a real eye opener.........I had no idea!  shocking
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 09:58 AM »

Really wish I was there. Remember staying up until the early hours watching the announcement all those years ago and running around the room celebrating. Always hoped I'd back it back over for it but alas it hasn't quite worked out that way. Still I'm moving out of flatting with others and into my own private space on Monday and getting Sky+ with multiple channel record-ability just in time. Smile

Didn't realise that the road race in on Saturday - Mark Cavendish a contender and has just been on a cycle tour of France apparently blink Very Happy

Read some comments from Wiggins that they will all be fine for it after the Tour de France. He said they are racing all year round anyway and to have as many as 9 days off between the end of the tour and the road race is like a holiday.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 10:10 AM »

I haven't been aware of any FGF in Edinburgh and no obvious signs that the Olympics exist apart from five rings on a hillside near the Castle.  Too many tourists around, I think.

bigarmhug When I can get my phone and computer to connect, I will post the picture of my desk Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 07:17 PM »

Hi All,

Other than the tennis I dip in and out of stuff as the mood takes me with the Olympics. I love the track and field events, the track especially. If I'd been able-bodied I think I might have liked to try running. I couldn't play tennis, my hand eye coordination is a joke!

I enjoy the rowing as well. We've got a local bloke, well, he's from Worcestershire, where I come from, competing in one of the rowing events. I can't remember his name! I think he's in the double sculls though, or something like that, and I'm sure they won in Beijing. Honestly, how uninformed am I!

I like the swimming and some of the cycling events as well, so there should be plenty for me to watch.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 07:23 PM »

bigarmhug When I can get my phone and computer to connect, I will post the picture of my desk Very Happy
hug  I can't wait to see it Bev - then I might start feeling more enthusiastic, although that might come once the events start.  Certainly won't be watching the whole opening ceremony, maybe just the last hour or so.   Love your avatar btw.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 07:42 PM »

For me it's road race cycling. Fingers crossed for the Sky team tomorrow. I think its on tv from 1,15pm The Mall to Box Hill in Surrey and back. I hope Mark Cavendish will win with one of his fantastic srints, nursed and led out by Bradley Wiggins, winner of the tour de France, and the rest
of the team.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »