Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  London Olympics 2012: Other sports 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: London Olympics 2012: Other sports  (Read 6570 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 03:36 AM »

Look at her ******* radiant smile.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 12:11 PM »

I don't care whether she was smiling or not - she's probably exhausted and you're seeing her default facial expressions. It's not like a little television meet and greet where she knows she is on TV for that moment so can look all happy. I'd probably look like she did at that event most of the time - going to the Olympics must be like spending a day in Disney World, enjoyable but physically tough.

But what is silly is to give credit for her actually turning up. This is the Olympics in London, it would be an utter disgrace if she didn't turn up and a PR disaster. She simply had to be there so let's not say we are happy for that.
[ Last edit by Mark July 28, 2012, 12:15 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 12:20 PM »

She's out and about at the Olympic site today - not bad for an 86 year old.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 12:22 PM »

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Look at her f**king radiant smile.

I thought she looked incredibly tired to be honest and no wonder.  How many other 86 year olds have the schedule she has and she's turned up to the Olympic Park this morning - good for her!

IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 12:51 PM »

I don't really watch TV for anything but sport (and Jeremy Kyle for laughs) but last night was a masterpiece. Don't know if the quirkier material was understood on the world stage but it was a fantastic story about our country.

Now, trying to get some tickets for next week... I see the swimming stands are relatively empty this morning. Think
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 12:55 PM »

I thought she looked incredibly tired to be honest and no wonder.  How many other 86 year olds have the schedule she has and she's turned up to the Olympic Park this morning - good for her!

She's one of the most privileged people on the planet. Her age, practically speaking, is probably closer to 60. If she wasn't fit, she wouldn't be doing it. It's not as if she is enduring pain to sit and watch the opening ceremony.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 01:06 PM »

I must remember to ask my Chinese friend who participated in the last Olympics if she considered Abide With Me as an anthem, that is if she is bright enough to know!!

It's traditional- take it up with the Olympic committee if you think it's that insulting to everyone Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #53 on: July 28, 2012, 01:09 PM »

She's one of the most privileged people on the planet. Her age, practically speaking, is probably closer to 60. If she wasn't fit, she wouldn't be doing it. It's not as if she is enduring pain to sit and watch the opening ceremony.

Hmm lets think 86 year old sitting for how many hours?

She got caught not smiling Rolling Eyes It was a long tv coverage. If you're going to go obsessional about the Queen shift it to the Monarchy thread :P
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #54 on: July 28, 2012, 01:11 PM »

Hmm lets think 86 year old sitting for how many hours?

She got caught not smiling Rolling Eyes
Exactly, she had no idea when the camera would go on her. Is she expected to hold a smile through the majority of the ceremony? I'd probably die of such a task.

I'm no fan of the Monarchy but I think some of this criticism is unreasonable.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #55 on: July 28, 2012, 01:19 PM »

Exactly, she had no idea when the camera would go on her. Is she expected to hold a smile through the majority of the ceremony? I'd probably die of such a task.

hug
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #56 on: July 28, 2012, 02:40 PM »

Camera was on her plenty, and she didn't smile once. You seriously wouldn't expect her to smile when children are done singing the national anthem to her?

I can't abide her.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #57 on: July 28, 2012, 02:44 PM »

You seriously wouldn't expect her to smile when children are done singing the national anthem to her?
Well now, that is a fair criticism.

I was wanting a smile there too. I actually thought for a second she looked a bit emotional at that point but was probably mistaken.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #58 on: July 28, 2012, 04:11 PM »

Disappointing road race result for Team GB. Frown
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: London Olympics 2012: Other sports « Reply #59 on: July 28, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Very disappointing especially after Mark,s holding back at the Tour.  At least it wasn't too bad.  He was fifth.

I saw something about Chris Brailsford saying that Mark could leave the Sky team if he wished.  Where did that come from?  Maybe he feels guilty for not helping him more.  Come back HTC.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »