Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  MotoGP 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win the 2008 Championship?
Jorge Lorenzo
Nicky Hayden
Valentino Rossi
James Toseland
Dani Pedrosa
Casey Stoner
Colin Edwards
Other
Sorry, I thought this was the shalloville thread

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

MotoGP

(Read 7701 times)
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 02:13 PM »

Rossi got a terrible start and ended up 8th after the first corner. Stoner took an early lead but after 3 laps, Rossi had caught up, and overtaken everyone to lead the race. Stoner dropped back to 4th, and Pedrosa into 2nd. Rossi won quite easily, folowed by Pedrosa, and then the oldest guy out there, Barros! Stoner finished 4th.

In the championship, Stoner leads by 9 points from Rossi, and then 33 points behind is Pedrosa!
At the end of the race, the Italian fans swarmed the track as their hometown favourite, Rossi celebrated. He even gave one of them a lift back to the pits. I have never seen as many fans surrounding the pit lane, and they sang and cheered for Rossi as he lifted the trophy!

Next weekend, the race is from Catalunya, Barcelona! I cant wait, I was there 3 years ago!
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 02:53 PM »

Qualifying was today. And Rossi got pole with an all time record lap. woohoo    Randy de Punet was in 2nd, a Frenchman. and Pedrosa in 3rd and Stoner in 4th. The race is tomorrow at 1pm on Eurosport and BBC2.  When I went, I was sat in front of the straight bit just before the last 2 corners. Its the place where you can see most of the track. And it has a giant screen there aswell.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 03:01 PM »

In a very exciting race, Stoner won from Rossi and then Pedrosa. The top 3 guys were back and forth in the lead and at the finish line there was a gap of less than half a second from 1st to 3rd. Its also the way the Championship stands at the moment. With only 14 points between Stoner and Rossi.  Stoner hasd now won 4 of the 7 races and looks like favourite to win the championship. So I'll take you back to a qoute I made before the season started:

They also have a new guy called Casey Stoner. He is a teenager from Australia and he's good. Last year was his first season in the GP class and he did well, but crashed out too much, which is very common for the newbs. Now in his 2nd year, he'll be more experienced and know the limits of his bike. He qualified in 2nd and will do very well, this season, I predict.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 03:58 PM »

Qualifying for Donnington was today.  The practice sessions yesterday were in the rain but today was dry. Edwards in pole, Rossi 2nd and Pedrosa 3rd. Hayden was 4th and Stoner 5th.   No-one this year has won the race from Pole.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 08:14 AM »

Again the trend continued. Stoner came first.

Yesterday I actually watched the race. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 01:02 PM »

Again the trend continued. Stoner came first.

Yesterday I actually watched the race. cmon yeah

goodjob

It would have been good if it had been a dry race, Rossi was seriously let down by his tires. Anthony West did really well, starting his first GP in 17th getting up to 4th before crashing. But he continued riding around and finished 11th.

As Allan said, Stoner won, Edwards 2nd and Vermuelen 3rd. Rossi was 4th, Pedrosa 7th and Hayden 17th.  Stoner leads the championship by 26 points!
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 02:17 PM »

Oh My God!  What a race!  Rossi Wins, Rossi Wins, Rossi Wins!

Over the weekend the practice sessions were dry, and Rossi was fastest. However, the qualifying was wet and Rossi struggled and qualified in 11th. Vermuelen was on Pole and Stoner in 2nd.  The race though, was dry and Rossi went from 11th to 2nd in just a few laps. Stoner went into 1st in the 1st corner and got a 2 second lap over 2nd. Rossi closed it down and overtook with 3 laps to go and by the time he crossed the finish line he was almost 2 seconds ahead of Stoner. Hayden who has been terrible this year got his first podium finish of the year in 3rd.

What a race it was, and Rossi was just so fats. He continuedly set a fastest lap after fastest lap. Unbelievable!  Afterwards Rossi celebrated in style, and Stoner ran out of petrol on his cool down lap. He couldnt even drive his bike to the pits. Hayden ran out of petrol as well, but was given a push by his fellow American, Hopkins. Stoner leads the Championship by 21 points, from Rossi. And Pedrosa in 3rd, 66 points adrift.

Toni Elias crashed out in a practice session yesterday and broke his leg. He went into surgery today, so get well soon, Toni!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 08:54 PM »

shocking Couldn't watch it though. Frown Was at tennis.

Sounded exciting Mike.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 01:52 PM »

Casey Stoner was fastest all weekend in every practice session! Also fastest in qualifying, Pedrosa 2nd and Rossi 6th.

In the race Rossi crashed out early. Pedrosa won by 13 seconds from Capirossi, and then Hayden in 3rd. Yeah thats right, NICKY HAYDEN IN 3RD!!!!   Stoner struggled and finished 5th.

The Championship lead is extended by Stoner to 32 points from Rossi. Next weekend it's in Laguna Seca. Little tongue man
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #39 on: July 22, 2007, 11:44 AM »

Todays race is at 9.45pm! Its from Laguna Seca, USA.  Qualifying was last night, and surprise, surprise, Casey Stoner was 1st! Pedrosa 2nd and Vermuelen in 3rd. Rossi was 5th! 
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #40 on: July 22, 2007, 09:22 PM »

Casey Stoner has been tearing up the track in todays warm up session. He has even broken his qualifying time. shocking 

I feel sorry for the other guys, they just wont be able to keep up with him.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 09:38 AM »

Managed to watch it last night.  cmon yeah (Missed the first lap though.)

Stoner, unsurprisingly, won but by only 9 seconds ahead of Vermuelen. 3rd was Molandri and 4th, 30 second behind Stoner, came Rossi. Perdrosa finshed 5th and Nicky Hyden failed to finish.

Stoner now leads by 44 points ahead of Rossi. 4 weeks until the next race.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 09:50 AM »

Good one Allan!  What Stoner is doing is really unbelievable! Its his championship now. He's just too consistant and Rossi is struggling. Michelin have really let their teams down this year.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #43 on: August 01, 2007, 12:54 PM »

shocking Melandri raced with a broken ankle at Laguna Seca.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #44 on: August 01, 2007, 03:36 PM »

Yeah I heard that. The boot he was wearing was 3 sizes too big for him just to fit his swollen foot in. Crazy guy!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »