Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  MotoGP 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win the 2008 Championship?
Jorge Lorenzo
Nicky Hayden
Valentino Rossi
James Toseland
Dani Pedrosa
Casey Stoner
Colin Edwards
Other
Sorry, I thought this was the shalloville thread

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

MotoGP

(Read 7797 times)
Scottie
World No 1

MotoGP « on: March 09, 2007, 01:36 PM »

Well, not many people here are into Moto GP, but as I'm such a huge fan of it, I've decided it deserves it's own page. I'll probably be the only one who posts here, but hey, who cares.

The season begins this weekend with the first race in Doha, Qatar! It starts Saturday at 12pm GMT and is on BBC2 and Eurosport! Qualifying was today and the front row goes like this: Rossi, Stoner, Edwards. Nicky Hayden, last years champion qualified in 9th place. Rossi set an new pole record today! Which is strange as the rules have recently changed with regards to engine size. They now have smaller engines but are getting much more power from them.
Britain only has one rider representing them, in Jeremy McWilliams, who qualified 20th out of 21!

If you've never watched Moto GP then you should as it is the fastest and most exciting racing sport in the world. It is far better than the boring Formula 1, and last year was one of the most competitive seasons in a long time. I just cant stress how exciting it is to watch! Please if you get the chance to see some races, do so as you wont be disapointed.

I've also added a poll, for who will win the 2007 Championship. I doubt we'll get many voters!

Moto GP Homepage
[ Last edit by Allan April 12, 2009, 11:37 PM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 03:54 PM »

Prefer F1, but I would probably agree that this offers more exciting races actually. Smile Good to see Valentino Rossi's domination ending last season, and he was very sportmanslike about it all.
[ Last edit by Sir Panda March 09, 2007, 03:54 PM ] IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 05:45 PM »

Yeah he was very down to earth about losing, especially considering how Hayden won it. But the only reason Rossi only got 2nd place was that he had one of the most unlucky seasons ever. Every problem that could go wrong, did go wrong for him. Normally it was a mechanical fault, which there is nothing he can do about it.  Once, even the front tyre blew, which does not happen a lot. Like 1 every few seasons.

Rossi looks back in form this year, he was fastest, by quite a bit, in the all of the testing sessions. Also his teammate on the same bike has been doing well, and qualified in 3rd for tomorrows race. He is usually around ther middle of the grid, so that shows just how well Yamaha have developed the bike for this year.

I also noticed that all the Ducatis are getting around 10 km/h top speed more than the other bikes. And they have Capirossi who is one of the most underrated riders out there. They also have a new guy called Casey Stoner. He is a teenager from Australia and he's good. Last year was his first season in the GP class and he did well, but crashed out too much, which is very common for the newbs. Now in his 2nd year, he'll be more experienced and know the limits of his bike. He qualified in 2nd and will do very well, this season, I predict.

So loads of possibilites for the Championship, but I still think Rossi is going to win.

(Sorry for going on a bit)
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 01:37 PM »

Stoner won the race, Rossi was 2nd and Pedrosa was 3rd. Reinging champion Hayden finished in 8th.   Stoner's Ducati was just far too fast for Rossi to keep up with.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:34 PM »

The Doha race is on Eurosport just now.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 12:26 PM »

The 2nd race weekend of the season starts tomorrow. Its in Jerez in Spain!
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 02:40 PM »

Pedrosa on Pole
Rossi 2nd
Checa 3rd

Stoner 5th

Hayden 11th
IP Logged
Ganou
Veteran

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 02:42 PM »

To be honest, I don't know a single thing about Moto GP.

I've only heard of Vale, so I voted for him Wink
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 02:48 PM »

To be honest, I don't know a single thing about Moto GP.

I've only heard of Vale, so I voted for him Wink

Good Girl!  thumb up

Olivier Jacque, a Frenchman rides for Kawasaki. There is another Frenchman racing, but it's his first season and I dont know anythin about him.
IP Logged
Ganou
Veteran

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 02:51 PM »

He he Smile

I don't know if they show Moto GP on TV anyway Frown But I'll check out who those Frenchmen are Wink
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 02:53 PM »

He he Smile

I don't know if they show Moto GP on TV anyway Frown But I'll check out who those Frenchmen are Wink

Eurosport! The main race is tomorrow!  hug
IP Logged
Ganou
Veteran

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 04:22 PM »

Eurosport! The main race is tomorrow!  hug

I don't have Eurosport. Only the 5 terrestrial channels lol and some others by the Internet, but no Eurosport  Crying or Very sad hug
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 02:32 PM »

Rossi won, Pedrosa 2nd and Edwards 3rd. It wasn't a great race, no much happened. Oh but after Rossi won he pulled up at the side and there were 10 guys dressed as skittles. Rossi pretended to throw a bowling ball and they all went down. It was pretty funny. Rossi always does somehting crazy after he wins.

Just for Mo, Olivier Jacque, the Frenchman came 18th out of 19. Not too good.
IP Logged
Ganou
Veteran

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 06:13 PM »

Forza Vale  cmon yeah

Boah, I feel sorry for the French but... ah well lol
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Moto GP 2007 « Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 06:16 PM »

I watched the race but wasn't that interested in it. Frown