Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday, Estimated time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Official snooker thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Official snooker thread!

(Read 8725 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: World Snooker Championships 2008 « Reply #90 on: May 03, 2011, 08:23 AM »

Congratulations to John Higgins! Young Judd Trump put up a great fight.......definately one to watch. Reminds me a bit of 'Hurricane' Higgins! w00t
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #91 on: April 16, 2012, 09:37 PM »

So the World Championships start again at the end of this week.  We don't get any coverage here at all which is quite surprising since the the manage to televise netball non-stop (when it's on) fainting and constant repeats of sport from years ago dontknow

I have my favourites, Ronnie O'Sullivan amongst them yes 

Good luck to everyone!
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #92 on: April 21, 2012, 10:38 PM »

Stephen Hendry rolled back the years with a 147 in his first round match against Stuart Bingham.  He currently leads 8-1.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #93 on: May 03, 2012, 03:06 PM »

Wow! Well done Stephen!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #94 on: May 04, 2012, 01:27 AM »

So Matthew Stevens either has an unfair advantage this week in the snooker semi-finals by playing in both of them or they were short of a player and he was so confident that he'd take 2 players on at the same time. Whistle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17944229

* Snooker.JPG (89.36 KB, 633x800 - viewed 168 times.)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #95 on: May 08, 2012, 11:09 AM »

Ronnie O'Sullivan beat Ali Carter 18-11 to secure his fourth World Championship title at the Crucible.  trophy

O'Sullivan, 36, resumed the day 10-7 ahead and took the first four frames, including a quick-fire break of 101, his 12th century of the tournament.

Carter looked a beaten man but rallied to win three frames in a row and take the match into a final session.

But Carter won only one more frame as the unstoppable O'Sullivan wrapped up proceedings in a little under an hour.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17983911

Meanwhile, O'Sullivan paid tribute to his mental coach, Dr Steve Peters, whom he credits with turning his game around.

"If I was Man City I would go and buy him," said O'Sullivan of the man who is psychiatrist to the British cycling team.

"He's helped me understand that my brain is a machine and if you manage it you can do everything you want to.

"Deep down I love to play snooker but I've got too involved in it. I live and breathe this game and I was too wrapped up in trying to be perfect.

"You can't be perfect, but as long as you give it your best that's all you can do. He's enabled me to be happy in my life and enjoy my snooker as well."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17985021
[ Last edit by Bevc May 08, 2012, 11:54 AM ] IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #96 on: May 08, 2012, 11:13 AM »

Well done Rocket and congrats to Carter who played a neat tournament. Wink
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #97 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54 AM »

I didn't realise that Carter was suffering from Crohn's disease.  Not a nice thing for anyone but he's so young too.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #98 on: November 25, 2012, 01:16 PM »

I went to see the final of WC in Sheffield. It was nice to see play Ronnie in his best form.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #99 on: February 21, 2013, 12:35 AM »

Loving the new Indian star Pankaj Advani. The kid did so well against Murphy and Dott in the Welsh Open to beat them, he even hit a 121 break against Murphy in the third frame. Shame he lost 5-1 to Trump. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #100 on: February 21, 2013, 06:41 AM »

Loving the new Indian star Pankaj Advani. The kid did so well against Murphy and Dott in the Welsh Open to beat them, he even hit a 121 break against Murphy in the third frame. Shame he lost 5-1 to Trump. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

He is not a kid fool, he's 27....I met him last year and he was so shy to pose for a pic with me...Smile
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #101 on: April 25, 2013, 08:24 PM »

lol anybody been watching the snooker? This Poomjaeng guy is hilarious. He just missed a red three times in a row trying to hit it thin and had the frame forfeited, they said it's the first time in crucible history. Then he started clapping afterwards.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #102 on: April 25, 2013, 08:44 PM »

lol anybody been watching the snooker? This Poomjaeng guy is hilarious. He just missed a red three times in a row trying to hit it thin and had the frame forfeited, they said it's the first time in crucible history. Then he started clapping afterwards.

Yeah, he has an emotion for every shot. I wonder if he's trying to intimidate White as he is only young.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #103 on: April 25, 2013, 08:51 PM »

White's gonna destroy him.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Official snooker thread! « Reply #104 on: May 05, 2014, 10:28 PM »

Mark Selby is added to an illustrious list of Hendry, O'Sullivan, John Higgins, Alex Higgins, Davis, Williams, Griffiths and Robertson, as he becomes the ninth man in history to win the Triple Crown in snooker (The Masters, UK Championships and World Championships). He beat O'Sullivan 18-14 to claim his first World Championships crown at the Crucible.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »