Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet, Tuesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Sports Talk  >  One Britain One Team.
Poll
Is it a good idea to have a single British team in all sports just like they do in tennis?
Yes. - 7 (30.4%)
No. - 16 (69.6%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Reply

One Britain One Team.

I'm just being pedantic Wink
IP Logged

ok
IP Logged

Just had a thought - if you've read 'Rape of the Fair Country' Arka, does that not tell you something about inter-nation relations?
IP Logged
arka

It does. wink I thought a lot last night and have come to this decision. You said a few nice things last night.

I will accept this thing as it is possible that inter home nation relations will worsen if a unified team occurs. Don't misunderstand me, I would still love to see one team but I am ready to accept that this is not possible.

I accept defeat. Crying or Very sad

You happy now?
IP Logged

Extremely Wink

You're very gracious in defeat clap
IP Logged
arka

Thank you.  hug

I am ready to accept defeat whenever it comes. No shame in that.
IP Logged
arka

But I must say that it is a pretty stupid decision to not team up for the Olympics. You dont lose your identity if you play under a different banner for a month.

IP Logged

Am I missing something here?
IP Logged
arka

As in?

I am not saying that they should team up forever. I understand that there will be problems. Smile

But there is absolutely no harm in playing for GB in the Olympics and getting a medal.
IP Logged

As in we do team up for the Olympics - that wasn't the issue.
IP Logged
arka

We dont team up in football. Thats what I am saying.
IP Logged

1. Arka, will you please stop triple posting?! If you want to have the top post count, at least do it legitimately!
2. Let it go. The Olympics football situation is more likely an issue of club politics and organisation than nationalism.
3. You've admittedly defeat, so stop posting in this thread!
IP Logged
arka

Thread locked on request.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Reply