Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Pool/Snooker thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Pool/Snooker thread

(Read 1893 times)
gjr
Challenger Level

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Pool/Snooker thread « on: July 17, 2007, 12:38 PM »

Didn't want to spam the Andy ranking thread any more with snooker/pool stuff so fill your boots here.

I noticed height was mentioned so lets have it.

I am 5'4" and my best break at snooker is 28! 4 reds 4 pinks.

I was (I havn't played either for a while) a god at pool.

Enjoy!

Smile
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 12:46 PM »

Wrong messageboard buddy... Wink But until someone moves it, I will say, I'm a decent pool player... I need to play a lot to get back to being good, but when I first pick it up, I do all right...
IP Logged
Spud
Futures Level

Copywight 1994 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:24 PM »

Didn't want to spam the Andy ranking thread any more with snooker/pool stuff so fill your boots here.

I noticed height was mentioned so lets have it.

I am 5'4" and my best break at snooker is 28! 4 reds 4 pinks.

I was (I havn't played either for a while) a god at pool.

Very impressive break gjr, if you don't mind me asking how old are you? As mentioned in the other thread, I'm only 5'6 myself so have become quite handy with the rest due to the fact I use it so often. Best break of 22 (but that's only off 4 balls)

IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 01:44 PM »

I forgot what my best break was already! lol It was only like 2 weeks ago.... 18?? something like that.

I love pool, i;m 5'11 and can play with both hands. I rarely lose a best of x games.

Incidentaly, I have 7 'grannies' to my name against good players.
[ Last edit by nkp2 July 17, 2007, 01:45 PM ] IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 02:37 PM »

I love The Rocket
IP Logged
gjr
Challenger Level

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 04:19 PM »

Wrong messageboard buddy... Wink But until someone moves it, I will say, I'm a decent pool player... I need to play a lot to get back to being good, but when I first pick it up, I do all right...

I thought chit chat would be the right forum but I'm still a newbie!
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 04:21 PM »

I think chit chat is the place for it..... I mean a snooker thread alreayd exists for the pro bits.

This surely is just for us to post top breaks and rubbish like that.... I doubt it will last long... lol
IP Logged
gjr
Challenger Level

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 04:24 PM »

Very impressive break gjr, if you don't mind me asking how old are you? As mentioned in the other thread, I'm only 5'6 myself so have become quite handy with the rest due to the fact I use it so often. Best break of 22 (but that's only off 4 balls)

Don't be too impressed it is my best.It took so much concentration that I don't beleive I could acheive any higher. As for my age I am 41 now but was about 30 when I did the break. The only reason I was able to do it was because I played with a very good player. Not a great player but a very good one. I very rarely beat him but when I did I played quite good.
[ Last edit by gjr July 17, 2007, 04:26 PM ] IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 05:22 PM »

Don't be too impressed it is my best.It took so much concentration that I don't beleive I could acheive any higher. As for my age I am 41 now but was about 30 when I did the break. The only reason I was able to do it was because I played with a very good player. Not a great player but a very good one. I very rarely beat him but when I did I played quite good.

roflmao
IP Logged
murrays_mint
Seed

MW Prediction & Fantasy League Champion 06/07

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:13 PM »

I'm quite good at pool but that's because there isn't much too do with the white ball.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 03:16 AM »

I love pool, go out and play with friends quite often in weekends etc. I would say I'm quite good. At least I'm usually the best of the group I play with. I can thank the last couple of summers when I worked at my Dad's office for that. More time spent playing pool in the canteen than working. lol Whistle
Play snooker on the odd occasion with my Dad at this club he belongs to (go there for cheap meals/drinks and there's pool and snooker tables in the sports bar and all that). I'm not that great at it but don't mind the odd game. No idea what my best break is. It wouldn't be that high, probably something like 16 with 2 reds and 2 blacks. Can't imagine it being any higher.
Pool is my game of choice though.

As for height, I'm 5'6.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 July 18, 2007, 03:24 AM ] IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 02:43 PM »

You guys are so damn short! lol
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 02:44 PM »

You really are! Dear me... I'm nearly 5ft10" myself...
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 04:00 PM »

lol they really are.....
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Pool/Snooker thread « Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 04:25 PM »

I love pool, go out and play with friends quite often in weekends etc. I would say I'm quite good. At least I'm usually the best of the group I play with. I can thank the last couple of summers when I worked at my Dad's office for that. More time spent playing pool in the canteen than working. lol Whistle
Play snooker on the odd occasion with my Dad at this club he belongs to (go there for cheap meals/drinks and there's pool and snooker tables in the sports bar and all that). I'm not that great at it but don't mind the odd game. No idea what my best break is. It wouldn't be that high, probably something like 16 with 2 reds and 2 blacks. Can't imagine it being any higher.
Pool is my game of choice though.

As for height, I'm 5'6.

In fact snooker is too hard even for good pool players:)

As for height,I have no idea what the hell do you mean with 5'6,but probably your height...
[ Last edit by ColdMarek July 18, 2007, 04:31 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »