Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal.

(Read 6441 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #150 on: July 03, 2006, 08:43 AM »

Because?

Because this was the 1st time everything has gone in our favour. Got the results despite poor performances, an easy draw for once instead of the toughest group as we usually get, and avoided Brazil and Argentina completely. This was the last world cup with a reasonable selection of English players to choose from as I said. And even then, there were really only 2 players, 3 at most left out this time (Defoe, SWP and Bent). Next time it will be more a case of 'which 23 players in the premiership are English?'
We won't have as good a chance as this in my lifetime IMO.

On the penalties, why did Crouch not step up? I always have a bit of a thing about strikers and penalties. IMO, your 4th choice centre back should not be taking one before your striker, but maybe that's just me.

And Beckham has resigned as captain. More good news. Finally we can have a proper captain like Gerrard (who it should have been this time) Or Terry. However, unfortunately it will be Owen or Gary Neville.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 July 03, 2006, 08:46 AM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #151 on: July 03, 2006, 09:06 AM »

Said on news this morning that Gerrard was to take over as captain I think..  Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #152 on: July 03, 2006, 11:54 AM »

im sorry to say that i think mclaren wil b  the sameas sven, he has watched sven all these years and will most probably follow the same tactics,

^ 1st time I've actually seen you write something of sense!  And I actually agree with you  shocking
IP Logged
Smoo7h
Challenger Level

CRAAANKY!

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #153 on: July 03, 2006, 12:01 PM »

im dissapointed in myself... it shall never happen again
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #154 on: July 03, 2006, 12:03 PM »

im dissapointed in myself... it shall never happen again

roflmao
IP Logged
Penaino Baker
Satellite Level

Viva Le Fleming !!!

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #155 on: July 03, 2006, 07:36 PM »

I'm quite pleased at the moment as I won £90 on Saturday for betting that England would lose to Portugal on penalties. I placed the same bet at Euro 2004 and won £80 then so the last two major tournaments have been quite lucrative for me. The only problem was that I had to time my visit to the betting shop very carefully otherwise I would have been lynched , lol !

Have had quite a few close shaves recently, in Cambridge I got smacked round the head by a tramp with a walking stick for no provocation and in Nottingham at the weekend  I went to a uni open day and got lost after getting off the train and ended up in the wrong part of Nottingham. A group of thugs saw me phoning the uni on my mobile and tried to mug me. Fortunately due to being on my own and given Nottingham's reputation for crime I took two long, sharp kitchen knives with me in my bag [one for each hand], they demanded my mobile and I produced the knives and told them that if they came any closer I'd slice them into little bits, quite amazingly they backed off, I wasn't too happy about the idea of actually having to swing a knive at someone trying to attack me. 
IP Logged
arka
Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #156 on: July 03, 2006, 07:43 PM »

I'm quite pleased at the moment as I won £90 on Saturday for betting that England would lose to Portugal on penalties. I placed the same bet at Euro 2004 and won £80 then so the last two major tournaments have been quite lucrative for me. The only problem was that I had to time my visit to the betting shop very carefully otherwise I would have been lynched , lol !

Hmmmph... razz

Have had quite a few close shaves recently, in Cambridge I got smacked round the head by a tramp with a walking stick for no provocation and in Nottingham at the weekend  I went to a uni open day and got lost after getting off the train and ended up in the wrong part of Nottingham. A group of thugs saw me phoning the uni on my mobile and tried to mug me. Fortunately due to being on my own and given Nottingham's reputation for crime I took two long, sharp kitchen knives with me in my bag [one for each hand], they demanded my mobile and I produced the knives and told them that if they came any closer I'd slice them into little bits, quite amazingly they backed off, I wasn't too happy about the idea of actually having to swing a knive at someone trying to attack me. 

Thats scary. shocking
IP Logged
davew
ATP Level

Rofl, xbox 360 elite

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #157 on: July 03, 2006, 07:44 PM »

Hmm... reminds me of the guy who tried to nick my bike Surprised
IP Logged
arka
Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #158 on: July 03, 2006, 07:46 PM »

What happened?
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #159 on: July 03, 2006, 07:46 PM »

Jeez... Nottingham is a good Uni, but really not a nice city. (Told you Arka!)

Was it St Anns where that happened by any chance?
IP Logged
davew
ATP Level

Rofl, xbox 360 elite

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #160 on: July 03, 2006, 07:49 PM »

What happened?
This guy stood in my way on the pavement, and said to me 'You nicked my bike 6 weeks ago' (I had owned the bike for several months at the time), so I said 'Rubbish' and cycled round him Surprised
Only it was a bit longer than that, but I forgot the rest
IP Logged
arka
Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #161 on: July 03, 2006, 07:51 PM »

British unis. wub

Yep, it seems to be a bit bad. Frown 
Its worse here. Frown

This guy stood in my way on the pavement, and said to me 'You nicked my bike 6 weeks ago' (I had owned the bike for several months at the time), so I said 'Rubbish' and cycled round him Surprised
Only it was a bit longer than that, but I forgot the rest

Very interesting account. Surprised

But again, thats a bit scary.
IP Logged
Penaino Baker
Satellite Level

Viva Le Fleming !!!

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #162 on: July 03, 2006, 07:59 PM »

Was it St Anns where that happened by any chance?

No, it was near the bus station. There are some dodgy looking characters round there. 3rd time I've narrowly avoided being mugged, I now carry kitchen knives with me to most places.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #163 on: July 04, 2006, 01:02 AM »

No, it was near the bus station. There are some dodgy looking characters round there. 3rd time I've narrowly avoided being mugged, I now carry kitchen knives with me to most places.

shocking What on earth is happening in the UK?  According to 'International Express' (round up of British news from Daily Express I think),Britian is the most violent country in the developed world, an American expert said on Friday.   Whereas the murder rate per population is higher in the US, violent crime has soared in the UK and America has a tougher stance on tackling crime.
IP Logged
Smoo7h
Challenger Level

CRAAANKY!

Re: Quarter Finals: England vs Portugal. « Reply #164 on: July 04, 2006, 01:03 AM »

why would u carry a knife on you? makes u more likely to get hurt... numbnuts
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »