Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Rugby League Tri Nations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Rugby League Tri Nations

(Read 2161 times)
bestofbarry
Seed

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 12:37 PM »

The game was amazing! That ass**** number 11 for the aussies, Willie Mason i think, how did he stay on the field? He attacked 2 players! Disgusting!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 12:41 PM »

Yeah Willie Mason. He's a thug. Hated here in NZ too lol
IP Logged
bestofbarry
Seed

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 12:44 PM »

Did you see the incidents in the first half by him?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 12:47 PM »

Well I got back home at half time so not really. Saw a replay of the punch on Fielden, haven't seen the other yet but read about it.
He's been charged for the punch and will face a judicial hearing on Monday. Hopefully be banned from the next game.

Anyway I really should be going to bed so goodnight (for real this time Whistle)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 08:28 PM »

Well I tried watching this, but just doesn't do it for me like rugby union!  Did watch the first half and 'the big fight'!  shocking  I was really surprised that Willie Mason stopped on the pitch after the second incident!

Well done GB clap Aussies were the favourtie to win that match!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 12:05 PM »

Massive Match tonight in Wellington. NZ vs. Great Britain and it's pretty much winner takes all for who reaches the final. NZ need quite a reasonable win to catch up the points difference I believe, while a win would do it for us.

Teams:
New Zealand: 1. Brent Webb (Warriors), 2. Shontayne Hape (Bradford), 3. Iosia Soliola (Roosters), 4. Steve Matai (Manly), 5. Manu Vatuvei (Warriors), 6. Nigel Vagana (Cronulla), 7. Stacey Jones (Catalans), 8. Ruben Wiki (capt, Warriors), 9. Dene Halatau (Wests Tigers), 10. Roy Asotasi (Bulldogs), 11. David Kidwell (Melbourne), 12. Simon Mannering (Warriors), 13. David Fa'alogo (South Sydney). Subs: 14. Motu Tony (Hull FC), 15. Nathan Cayless (Parramatta), 16. Adam Blair (Melbourne), 17. Frank Pritchard (Penrith).

Great Britain: 1. Paul Wellens (St Helens), 2. Brian Carney (Newcastle Knights), 3. Keith Senior (Leeds), 4. Kirk Yeaman (Hull FC), 5. Gareth Raynor (Hull FC), 6. Leon Pryce (St Helens), 7. Sean Long (St Helens), 8. Stuart Fielden (Wigan), 9. Terry Newton (Bradford), 10. Jamie Peac0ck (capt, Leeds), 11. Gareth Ellis (Leeds), 12. Gareth Hock (Wigan), 13. Sean O'Loughlin (Wigan). Subs: 14. James Roby (St Helens), 15. Adrian Morley (Roosters), 16. Lee Gilmour (St Helens), 17. Jon Wilkin (St Helens)

So our lineup is unchanged from last week. Danny McGuire back from injury but Noble is sticking with the same side that beat Australia last week.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 10, 2006, 12:05 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 09:22 AM »

Sigh. 34-4, a right old thrashing.
We were a bit unlucky, were robbed of a pretty good try by the video refs at 16-4 and we never recovered. In the 2nd half every bounce of the ball went there way. Got it all to play for next week now. We have to beat Australia to make the final, which I can't see happening. They will be out for revenge having lost last week and will bring back the key players they rested last week to look for a big win.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 02:17 PM »

Match Report
IP Logged
murrays_mint
Seed

MW Prediction & Fantasy League Champion 06/07

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 10:04 PM »

seen the highlights tonight

two of their tries were purely by the luck of the bounce
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 10:08 PM »

Everything bounced their way. They even had from from a chip that hit the crossbar and bounced back t one of their players.
We were robbed of a great try to put us back in the game.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #25 on: November 13, 2006, 08:39 AM »

It goes from bad to worse. Sean Long has been sent home, for "personal reasons," rumoured to be to do with betting. He's never been far from controversy. Was banned for 3 months in 2004 for for being found guilty of betting on his St Helens team to lose a match. Would explain his nightmare performance against the Kiwis the other day which followed the best game of his life against Australia to be honest.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 13, 2006, 08:42 AM ] IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 10:59 AM »

GB being thrashed again... 18-4 to Australia at half time. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 11:53 AM »

33-10.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/international_and_australian/6155630.stm
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby League Tri Nations « Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 11:56 AM »

Thrashed again. We didn't play badly, and had much of the possession. There was just a clear difference in class. Whenever we got near their try line we never looked like going through. If we hadn't already passed the ball out over the sideline, the kick on the last tackle was awful, and that's been the case for the whole series. And each time they got to our line they cut through us.

The draw wasn't very fair giving us 4 games in a row, while the 2 other sides had a week off in between games against us. That's probably a factor in the first 2 performances being good and the last 2 being heavy losses.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »