Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Rugby Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 49 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Rugby Thread  (Read 23611 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #105 on: June 10, 2008, 09:08 AM »

Just saw the lineup, great name that. lol
Only 1 player who started the World Cup final. That's amazing. We'll surely lose by at least 30 points minimum unless we get the same weather as last weekend's game.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #106 on: June 10, 2008, 09:11 AM »

Good English name eh? lol

Couple of good players but dontknow  and what court case was hanging over Olly Barkley?  Must have missed that one.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #107 on: June 10, 2008, 09:25 AM »

Oh I did read something about it recently but can't remember. Some sort of drink driving or assault or something. The usual.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #108 on: June 10, 2008, 09:28 AM »

It was to do with an alleged assault at a wedding and the case was eventually dropped due to lack of evidence. Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #109 on: June 11, 2008, 07:51 AM »

It was to do with an alleged assault at a wedding and the case was eventually dropped due to lack of evidence. Think

Nice one Sherlock!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #110 on: June 14, 2008, 10:06 PM »

Scotland beat Argentina.  yay cmon yeah  But not by the 15 point margin need for the World Cup seedings. They cruelly scored a try in the final minute. no  Rolling Eyes

Nice to get a victory though. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #111 on: June 16, 2008, 12:18 PM »

Thought I'd best post my pictures from the other night.  Disappointing that England lost but score could have been so much worse!  Go Tospy!  I enjoyed my 1st time seeing the England rugby team play, although a lot of Kiwi's weren't impressed with the performance from the All Blacks!

My picture of them doing the Haka was of the screen as they had their backs towards us Rolling Eyes

Oh, the opening entertainment was that famous battle between Normans and Kiwi's - I must have missed then when doing 'O' Level history doh  

And finally, we were, apparently, sat just 2 seats away from rugby legend Michael Jones - he's the last picture (chatting to a friend two rows in front of us at half time) and the Kiwi's with us were none to impressed that we didn't have a bloody clue who he was Whistle

Sorry the photo's aren't upto Mark's standards but then again, it was only a cheap camera bought with absolutely not reseach whatsoever :p

* Warming up.jpg (65.94 KB, 480x360 - viewed 112 times.)

* Our view.jpg (69.58 KB, 480x360 - viewed 115 times.)

* Opening entertainment!.jpg (71.5 KB, 480x360 - viewed 105 times.)

* National Anthem.jpg (67.91 KB, 480x360 - viewed 107 times.)

* The Haka.jpg (49.27 KB, 480x360 - viewed 112 times.)

* Rugby 3.jpg (61.43 KB, 480x360 - viewed 112 times.)

* Rugby 4.jpg (62.76 KB, 480x360 - viewed 105 times.)

* rugby 5.jpg (62.87 KB, 480x360 - viewed 106 times.)

* Where to sit next time!.jpg (68.49 KB, 480x360 - viewed 106 times.)

* Michael Jones.jpg (69.12 KB, 480x360 - viewed 107 times.)
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #112 on: June 16, 2008, 12:41 PM »

Nice pics. My Dad and brother actually went at the last minute. On Friday one of my Dad's work colleagues was given a couple of corporate tickets and he also has 2 membership tickets of his own at Eden Park. So he took the corporate ones and gave my Dad his 2 membership cards. Wouldn't have paid out but would certainly have liked to go with the free ticket but alas it was my brother's turn. I won the coin toss 3 years ago when Lions tickets came our way so it was only fair. lol Although I did have to shell out $300+ for the Lions ones! It was near impossible to get tickets to the tests, you had to either be on a tour from the UK or go in a ballot here which we were unsuccessful in. A family friend had some friends come over on a tour from Wales but they had to return home for some family emergency so we got offered their 2 tickets 1st.

Anyway we didn't do as badly as I'd expected and did quite well to keep them scoreless for the last 34 minutes. Pretty pathetic defending from Hodgson - who seems to be here in a non tackling role - and Barkley through the middle a couple of times. Unfortunate a couple of tries came from a forward final pass. Especially the 2nd half try. Nonu threw it from a metre behind the 22m line, and whoever scored caught it 2 metres in front of the line FFS. My Dad and brother were sitting bang in line with it and said it was absolutely miles forward. But no excuses, the damage had already been done by some appalling attempts at tackles that deserved to concede tries.

That guy Ojo has some pace! Didn't do much else apart from the 2 breakaway tries though. Don't know why Tait sat on the bench for 80 minutes. Would like to see him involved in the 2nd test. Perhaps at 13 with Tindall at 12 and Barkley at 10. Midfield would be a bit more solid then with a bit more creativity. I don't know if we have any better options here for the other wing. That Strettle guy wasn't much good. Neither was the fullback.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #113 on: June 16, 2008, 12:54 PM »

I had high hopes of Charlie but didn't see him perform much at all and was rather puzzled why Barkley was taking the kicks confused

Tait was constantly warming up down our end of the pitch and surprised that he wasn't on too dontknow

Yes, heard Rob Andrew on tonight's news talking about the forward passes but obviously, I wasn't in a position to comment on those and haven't seen a full match reply yet.  Ojo made a good debut.

Let's hope they can turn things around in Christchurch but it's going to be damn cold down there.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #114 on: June 16, 2008, 01:01 PM »

I don't think Hodgson touched the ball. Not that I can remember anyway. I think all he did was miss tackles leading to 3 tries. no
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #115 on: June 16, 2008, 01:49 PM »

Just been reading about Iceman Michael Jones - much better in the flesh and very flex Little tongue man  Alas, he was with a lady Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #116 on: June 17, 2008, 12:26 AM »

He's a very religious Christian and used to refuse to play on Sundays. I believe he was left out of the 1995 World Cup squad because the quarter and semi finals were going to be on Sundays.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #117 on: June 17, 2008, 03:16 AM »

Apparently he was part of the1991 world cup squad but don't remember anything about him (it was watching this on maternity leave that got me interested - Will Carling, now I remember him!) and the guy next to me kept on saying stuff about him not playing matches on Sunday's and it being difficult for him, but didn't twig Very Happy  All becomes clear now.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #118 on: June 18, 2008, 10:15 AM »

Ooo, bit of contraversy at the moment involving 4 England rugby players and a private room in an Auckland hotel blink  Police are investigating and no names released as of yet.  Hope that it comes to nothing!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #119 on: June 21, 2008, 10:38 AM »

Sometimes I wish I wasn't interested in sport so I wouldn't have to keep subjecting myself to the same old same whenever I watch England in any sport. This is one of those times. Why do wee keep putting ourselves through it? lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 49 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »