Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon, Thursday, Time - 11:00am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Sports Talk  >  Rugby Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 54 Reply

Rugby Thread

Hmmm....problem is we're somewhat over reliant on our play makers - Jones and Peel. If they're injured then we're buggered. Plus theres a risk that Alfie might be ruled out for good by that neck injury and we still don't have a manager/coaching team. It takes a while for a manager and a team to blend - unlikely that we'll get back to where we were for another couple of years.

I remember when the RWC was in Cardiff - got the afternoon off school to watch the opening ceremony!
IP Logged

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/4853480.stm

That might answer a few questions...
IP Logged
arka

Hey, Thanks for that.
IP Logged

wooooo leinster won a match 2day - just thought id point that out haha!! x(",)x
IP Logged

And so did Munster. So that means that it is an all-Ireland semi-final in the Heineken Cup and we will definitely have one team in the final! Very Happy
IP Logged

Gareth Jenkins named as new Wales coach... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/4936698.stm
IP Logged

Groovy! They weren't meant to be announcing that until tomorrow...
IP Logged
arka

Great, is he good?
Ill wait till the World Cup and then learn about rugby just like I learnt about tennis.
IP Logged

Don't think I have seen this thread before.
Never been that into rugby, although it is like a religion in NZ. I don't mind watching it but would never play it. I always follow England but not much interested in the domestic game here.
I was actually lucky enough to get a ticket to the All Blacks v Lions test in Auckland last year. Amazing atmosphere, more Brits than NZers, a shame our team was so ordinary and got thrashed. I can try and post some pics if anyone would be interested.
IP Logged
arka

I AM INTERESTED!
IP Logged

alright, gotta find them first. Won't be great quality as I only had a disposable camera for it. I'll find some and scan them in.
IP Logged
arka

Never mind the quality, do you have pics of the touring Cricket teams too?
IP Logged

yeah I think I have pics from cricket matches I have been to over the years. I'll try and hunt some out, although got some already on computer from Aus v SAf that I went to in Melbourne this year and NZ v West Indies 20/20 from recently. I'll post a few in the cricket thread when I get round to it.
IP Logged
arka

Woohoo! Cant wait for it. Post both cricket and Rugby ones when you can.
IP Logged

Ok here are a few pics from the Lions test in Auckland last year.

Me in my Lions colours about to set off:

How good were the seats?

Pre-match entertainment:

Kickoff:

Full-time:

Awesome atmosphere, so many brits and we were in the middle of loads of them which was great. Too bad we had such a poor team and got thrashed.
Again, not great quality as they were only done with a disposable camera.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 54 Reply