Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Rugby Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 49 Go Down Reply
Author

Rugby Thread

(Read 27328 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #555 on: February 03, 2013, 08:30 PM »

That all the other matches will be tougher. Smile

Italy have just beaten France which pretty much comfirms the wooden spoon for Scotland.
So you're effectively writing Scotland off as losers in their remaining matches?  I'm not being facetious by the way, just curious, because from what I'm hearing from some more informed people than I am (one of them being English), is that Scotland were perhaps a little unlucky to have lost by such a large margin and that, on the whole, they turned in a very good performance.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #556 on: February 03, 2013, 11:07 PM »

Heh, I was just winding you up really. In all seriousness, I don't see Scotland winning an away game and on the basis of this weekend's games, probably not beating Ireland either. That leaves Wales and Italy at home and Italy beating France perhaps suggests they may not be the easy beats the usually are. Anyway we'll see next weekend.

I felt it was as comfortable a match as you could hope for to start the competition personally. There was never any point in the game when I felt worried about the result.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #557 on: February 04, 2013, 12:05 AM »

There was never any point in the game when I felt worried about the result.

I'm glad that I knew the result or else I might have been a tad concerned at 9-8 blink
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #558 on: February 04, 2013, 12:35 AM »

Heh, I was just winding you up really. In all seriousness, I don't see Scotland winning an away game and on the basis of this weekend's games, probably not beating Ireland either. That leaves Wales and Italy at home and Italy beating France perhaps suggests they may not be the easy beats the usually are. Anyway we'll see next weekend.

I felt it was as comfortable a match as you could hope for to start the competition personally. There was never any point in the game when I felt worried about the result.
I'm glad you clarified that. Smile  Yes Italy beating France was a bit of a shock, but hopefully the Murrayfield roar might lift Scotland.

I'm glad that I knew the result or else I might have been a tad concerned at 9-8 blink
No worries Bev - Scotland rarely do well when they go into an early lead. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #559 on: February 09, 2013, 04:13 PM »

A patchy performance by Italy but a very well deserved win for Scotland, 34-10.  yay  yay

Great to see them scoring tries again! Smile
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #560 on: February 09, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Patchy or not Aileen, Scotland played great, quick aggressive play.  Real proud of all the lads today!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #561 on: February 09, 2013, 06:29 PM »

Patchy or not Aileen, Scotland played great, quick aggressive play.  Real proud of all the lads today!  cmon yeah
I did say Scotland earned a well deserved win ... Smile  Apart from a few glimpses of brilliance the Italians had no answer to our boys.  I really think that the influence of Scott Johnson is beginning to show, but it's still early days.  Fortunately our next two matches are home ones.

P.S. - Whoever designed that Scotland strip should be shot.  It's awful!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #562 on: February 09, 2013, 07:07 PM »

As a proud Welsh woman I was pleased to see that Wales have beaten France by 10 points. That will help their confidence. Well done to the Scots as well.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #563 on: February 09, 2013, 07:12 PM »

As a proud Welsh woman I was pleased to see that Wales have beaten France by 10 points. That will help their confidence. Well done to the Scots as well.
I didn't watch the Wales match, but well done to them too.  Goodness knows how the French must be feeling though after two consecutive defeats.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #564 on: February 09, 2013, 08:16 PM »

Some great results for the home nations today clap France for the wooden spoon!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #565 on: February 09, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Scotland played very well today considering that Italy beat the French last week. At least it is better than being beaten every time they take to the field. The football team won too this week maybe they have woken up at last and got it all together and showed some fight. Maybe they will play well for the remaining games.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #566 on: February 09, 2013, 08:48 PM »

Some great results for the home nations today clap France for the wooden spoon!
So much for the punters who tipped France to win, although until now most of the bookies had England narrowly ahead of them as favourites.

May the best team win tomorrow!

Scotland played very well today considering that Italy beat the French last week. At least it is better than being beaten every time they take to the field. The football team won too this week maybe they have woken up at last and got it all together and showed some fight. Maybe they will play well for the remaining games.
I'd like to think that Andy's successes last year have provided Scotland with more inspiration and belief, but only time will tell.

[ Last edit by Aileen February 09, 2013, 08:56 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #567 on: February 10, 2013, 12:07 AM »

So much for the punters who tipped France to win, although until now most of the bookies had England narrowly ahead of them as favourites.

May the best team win tomorrow!

The French can either be really good (the world cup final where they nearly had the AB's) or really bad (world cup in their own country - they were dreadful).

I will have to record the England vs Ireland match as it will be Monday for me Rolling Eyes   I'm hoping for an England win but if they don't play their best then Ireland WILL punish them.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #568 on: February 10, 2013, 04:51 PM »

Wooo hooo!

England prove that they can win ugly as well.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Rugby Thread « Reply #569 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09 PM »

Bad luck Ireland! They were rubbish first half, but were more in control in the 2nd to no avail. Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 49 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »