Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007

(Read 12238 times)
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 05:44 PM »

Robinson scored a try. cmon yeah He's in my fantasy team. yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 05:49 PM »

Robinson scored a try. cmon yeah He's in my fantasy team. yay

Me too w00t

Half time score 21-3 to England but they are making some sloppy mistakes.  I hope they make it easy on themselves in the second half. 
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 06:58 PM »

Matekitonga Moeakiola scored a late try for USA. Although England did win 28-10. Smile
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 10:21 PM »

Unconvincing result from In-ger-land. Can't believe NZ beat Italy by that margin, jesus christ.  nervous
IP Logged
murrays_mint
Seed

MW Prediction & Fantasy League Champion 06/07

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 10:23 PM »

Yeah I didn't think they would win that easily.

Let's hope we put 50/60 points against Portugal tomorrow.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 11:20 PM »

Matekitonga Moeakiola scored a late try for USA. Although England did win 28-10. Smile

England were terrible! shocking  In fact, they were as bad as France were in their opening game no

Hope that Ollie's okay - he had a nasty tackle on him at the end of the game stretcher

They need to get better when they play Samoa cmon yeah
[ Last edit by Bevc September 09, 2007, 02:02 AM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 01:04 AM »

Just watched the game and we were absolutely pathetic. So awful that before USA had a man sin-binned late in the first half I actually thought we might lose. Really really woeful. Absolutely devoid and bereft of talent and ideas. Italy and Japan are superior teams to the Yanks and look at the scores NZ and Australia put on them respectively.

On the basis of that performance I honestly don't think we will get through the group now. We will get absolutely obliterated by South Africa and will have to beat Samoa to get through. I don't think we will beat Samoa tbh. It was a tough game at the last WC and we were losing for quite a lot of it. I think they'll beat us this time round.

Quite right about the tackle, that was awful. Spear (sp?) tackle, similar to what the All Blacks did to O'Driscoll. Fortunately he seemed to be ok afterwards, just a bit dazed. Could have been so much worse, he could easily have been paralised even.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 September 09, 2007, 01:05 AM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 06:40 PM »

Scotland leading Portugal 49-10.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 06:50 PM »

It finishes 56-10. Smile
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 09:08 PM »

ranting I'm so disappointed not to be able to check on the Ass Kickers progress Crying or Very sad I thought my team played a blinder yesterday.

In fact I'm so confident that once the results are updated if I'm not in the lead of the MW league you can cut my balls off and call me Susan :p

I shall consolidate my lead over the next two days and leave you all to bask in my greatness
roflmao

Manager Team Name Tries Assists Pts
1  Allan Hendry Allan's_WCXI 6 7 83
2  Alan McCafferty Al’s Aß Kickers 3 8 72
3  Bev Cardwell Bev's Boyz 3 5 58
4  Alex Collier AC Gunners 2 1 34
5  Andrew Hunter Andrew's Amazing Allstars 2 1 30
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #40 on: September 09, 2007, 09:11 PM »

I don't have any NZers or Aussies. Frown
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #41 on: September 10, 2007, 05:25 AM »

Great results for Ireland, Scotland and Wales clap
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #42 on: September 10, 2007, 06:37 AM »

Well, I wouldn't go that far to say "great." At least not for Ireland and Wales anyway. Both pretty similar to us. Got the result in the end, but the performances won't make anyone stand up and take notice. Although Wales' winning margin was half reasonable in the end, they were actually losing 17-9 until close to an hour. Their coach will be very disappointed that he was required to bring on Jones and Jenkins in desparation in order to beat Canada. However 5 tries in the last half hour is encouraging and what you would expect to do against the tiring minnows. That's what we should have done to the Yanks.

Ireland will be the most disappointed however. They only managed to scrape to a 32-17 win over Namibia who are far and away the worst team in the tournament. They average 70 points conceded a game in world cup matches, and I remember last time they lost 142-0 to Australia. Scotland are the only home nation so far who can be pleased with their performance.

The opening matches have simply confirmed what everyone has known for a couple of years. NZ vs Australia will be 1 semi final and South Africa will be in the other. The only doubt is now who will face South Africa with France appearing a bit more average than first thought. Probably have to say Argentina at this stage.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #43 on: September 10, 2007, 07:28 AM »

Sorry, I was I work and didn't get to see any of the matches - my comments were made purely on the scores Very Happy

By the sounds of it, there have been surprisingly poor performances so far (I saw France and England) and I agree with you about NZ, Australia and South Africa being in the semis.  Should be a bit of a fight for the last spot (or at least I'm hoping there will be one!).

On another tack, I'm disappointed that I'm not looking out 'A Boy Named Sue' track for Alan Whistle
[ Last edit by Bevc September 10, 2007, 07:29 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #44 on: September 10, 2007, 09:46 AM »

I don't have any NZers or Aussies. Frown

I'm surprised you didn't have the lovely Dan Carter in your team at the very least! Little tongue man
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »