Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007

(Read 12360 times)
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #255 on: October 21, 2007, 11:21 AM »

Well done Alex and South Africa.  clap clap

shocking I should've changed my team going into the final weekend and I would have finished 2nd.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #256 on: October 21, 2007, 11:21 AM »

Frown

England should have been allowed that try.  There was nothing wrong with it.  Of course the guy who was looking into the video footage of it just happened to be Australian so no wonder it was a no try Rolling Eyes
[ Last edit by alc.aka.amyc October 21, 2007, 11:27 AM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #257 on: October 21, 2007, 03:51 PM »

Look at it again, his foot touches the line before he lifts it.
[ Last edit by nkp2 October 21, 2007, 03:54 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #258 on: October 21, 2007, 08:13 PM »

Mhuauauauaua!!!!! Sorry!

Eyebrow raise.

England should have been allowed that try.  There was nothing wrong with it. 

Nope, agree with what Neil says - just touched the chalk.  Even the Kiwi commentators thought it a try at first, but after seeing the replays over again from different angles, agreed that it wasn't.  As I said before, England gave away too many penalties and were punished.  Forget the one at the end, which shouldn't have been a penalty, but SA were still 6 points ahead then.

I'm still proud of them though Very Happy  They got further than anyone, including themselves, expected and I hope that the team can build on this and put in a much improved performance in the six nations next year.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #259 on: October 21, 2007, 10:57 PM »

Must of watched the wrong match then Think

Nope. No running play, no fluidity. Just kick, kick, kick, kick, kick. Yawn.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #260 on: October 21, 2007, 11:04 PM »

^concur, not the most exciting.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #261 on: October 22, 2007, 11:40 AM »

Nope. No running play, no fluidity. Just kick, kick, kick, kick, kick. Yawn.

Yeah that was a bit boring.

But still, at least we got further than the Scots, Welsh and Irish cmon yeah yay  Can't take that away from them.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #262 on: October 22, 2007, 01:04 PM »

I'm very new to Rugby so I was entertained by the match Very Happy
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #263 on: October 22, 2007, 01:15 PM »

It wasn't the best. I found it pretty gripping, although obviously being a supporter of one of the teams it's always going to be more so than if I was a neutral.
Looking back on it rationally now though, it wasn't a spectacle, but then again finals rarely are high scoring open affairs. Of the 5 Rugby World Cups, only the first final saw more than 2 tries (there were 4), and 2 of the other 4 have been try-less, while 2 have also been won by extra time drop goals. For an interesting piece of trivia, South Africa have been the winners of both try-less finals.

Still regardless of it being a final, from the media here I was under the impression the South Africans played exciting "proper rugby." However this "proper rugby" has been described here, it was certainly nowhere to be seen in that match. And they have interestingly now won 2 world cup finals without scoring a try. That doesn't matter one bit of course, the only thing that does is winning for me. But I'm sure more people would have issue with it if that stat belonged to England. "Boring" and "disgraceful" and all that.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 October 22, 2007, 01:25 PM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #264 on: October 22, 2007, 07:25 PM »

I'm biased, I know, but I'm sure others will agree, if you want to see some beautiful, fluid play watch Wales at their best. It's pretty hot stuff. When it works...
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #265 on: October 22, 2007, 07:29 PM »

Yeah that was a bit boring.

But still, at least we got further than the Scots, Welsh and Irish cmon yeah yay  Can't take that away from them.

And don't forget the Aussies, French and Kiwis Very Happy

My first WC was 1991 - whilst heavily pregnant with my son.  Don't remember much about the final as I was in labour lol although I do know that England were in the final.  Don't remember much about 1995 or 1999 WC either doh  Obviously 2003 remains with me (until I get Alzheimers) and this year.  2011 will be great cmon yeah and am looking forward to getting some match tickets for the games then! Very Happy  Six nations is a great for rugby - get used to some players, as well as the Heineken Cup cmon yeah  Think really must get Rugby Channel  search Husband kiss kiss
[ Last edit by Bevc October 22, 2007, 07:30 PM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #266 on: October 22, 2007, 10:47 PM »

I'm biased, I know, but I'm sure others will agree, if you want to see some beautiful, fluid play watch Wales at their best. It's pretty hot stuff. When it works...

That must be going back a few years. Wink
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #267 on: October 22, 2007, 10:48 PM »

Not at all :P The peak in recent years was 2005, and we still have much more of a running game now than England ever have...
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #268 on: October 22, 2007, 10:51 PM »

That is true, can't argue with that. How have you fared in World Cups with it? Wink
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Rugby World Cup and Fantasy League 2007 « Reply #269 on: October 22, 2007, 10:54 PM »

And don't forget the Aussies, French and Kiwis Very Happy

Of course Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »