Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  RWC 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26 Go Down Reply
Author

RWC 2011

(Read 6320 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #285 on: October 06, 2011, 10:53 PM »

Also don't think that $194 is too bad, although I guess I'm used to ticket prices having been to a massive amount of sport. Think it's pretty good for a World Cup quarter final, I paid almost double that for the Lions match! I hadn't considered going before so didn't realise you could get tickets at that price until my brother texted me on Monday saying "there's still tickets for $194, we have to go." Although like you say, I don't have a mortgage or kids so I can blow my own money on stuff for myself without getting into serious trouble at the moment. lol

And if it wasn't for the free accommodation in Auckland I couldn't do it. The nightmare journey across the city to Eden Park is a small price to pay. lol
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 October 06, 2011, 11:02 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #286 on: October 06, 2011, 10:53 PM »

^^Know what you mean, I was thinking earlier that I was already SO excited for the weekend and Scotland's not even through but still looking forward to it Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #287 on: October 07, 2011, 12:19 AM »

Also don't think that $194 is too bad, although I guess I'm used to ticket prices having been to a massive amount of sport. Think it's pretty good for a World Cup quarter final, I paid almost double that for the Lions match! I hadn't considered going before so didn't realise you could get tickets at that price until my brother texted me on Monday saying "there's still tickets for $194, we have to go." Although like you say, I don't have a mortgage or kids so I can blow my own money on stuff for myself without getting into serious trouble at the moment. lol

And if it wasn't for the free accommodation in Auckland I couldn't do it. The nightmare journey across the city to Eden Park is a small price to pay. lol

When you think about paying for 2/3/4/5 tickets, then the price does build up, but when you're thinking about yourself, it doesn't seem so bad.  We just can't commit to that, world cup or not.  We have Christmas (and family coming over hopefully) and then we have 2 18 year old birthdays early next year and a 21st later on, so trying to plan ahead.  Also, when everything around you seems to be going up and your wages aren't then a bit of belt tightening needs to go on.

I really hope that you have a fab time Alex and that England manage to come through. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #288 on: October 07, 2011, 12:20 AM »

Not long to go now. This is ridiculous, I haven't been able to think about anything else all week. I don't even remember it being quite like this when Arsenal were in the Champions League final. Must be something different about having a world cup in your country and going to see your team in a quarter final! Haven't even had the energy to get angry and depressed about losing to Spurs. It's barely registered all week to be honest!

Not sure I believe that 12,000 figure and I'm sure it will be close to capacity by kick off time. Think all the games will virtually sell out and people have just been cautious to hold off until it was confirmed which teams would be in which games. It was always certain (with the exception of Argentina/Scotland) who the quarter finalists would be, not quite which game for a few sides and that one Ireland-Australia result has completely changed it. Loads of Aussie and Irish fans have tickets to the wrong game (assuming Australia were going to win that pool game) and are desparately trying to swap. lol

Good on the IRB with the scheduling though so at least they had certainty of location so haven't ended up with accommodation in the wrong city too!

Martin Sneddon was on Campbell Live on Monday talking about ticket sales and quoted the figures then.  Hopefully that has been reduced during this week. Very Happy
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #289 on: October 07, 2011, 03:08 AM »

Just been to pick up my ticket at the Wellington ticket office and managed to get a big England flag aswell. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #290 on: October 07, 2011, 04:41 AM »

What about an England flag on your cheek if you won't go for the full face paint?  My girls had that for England cricket Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #291 on: October 07, 2011, 09:18 AM »

What about an England flag on your cheek if you won't go for the full face paint?  My girls had that for England cricket Very Happy
Ah....but then Invisibleman wouldn't be invisible any longer......would he Bev! Whistle
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #292 on: October 07, 2011, 01:03 PM »

lol
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #293 on: October 07, 2011, 10:38 PM »

lol Nah don't think I'll go for any flags on the face.

Am back in Auckland now. By a stroke of luck a good friend I haven't seen for a little while (since New Year time when I was back here I think) wants to meet for lunch and she wants to go to some cafe in town and offered to come and pick me up. So instead of having to mess about with the hour plus bus trip into the city I get an easy 20 minute car ride. She's coming at 12 so presumably I'll be free after about 2.30ish to go and check out the fanzone etc, then get a bus to Eden Park about 5 or so to get there in time to see the Ireland-Wales game on the big screens.

C'mon England! cmon yeah
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #294 on: October 07, 2011, 10:48 PM »

lol Nah don't think I'll go for any flags on the face.

Am back in Auckland now. By a stroke of luck a good friend I haven't seen for a little while (since New Year time when I was back here I think) wants to meet for lunch and she wants to go to some cafe in town and offered to come and pick me up. So instead of having to mess about with the hour plus bus trip into the city I get an easy 20 minute car ride. She's coming at 12 so presumably I'll be free after about 2.30ish to go and check out the fanzone etc, then get a bus to Eden Park about 5 or so to get there in time to see the Ireland-Wales game on the big screens.

C'mon England! cmon yeah

yay HAve a great time SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!! lol
I'm heading to bed soon so that I can drag myself out of bed for the Ireland v Wales match-purely because I love both those teams I'm slightly more excited about that one but will be cheering on England with my mum against the French lol

IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #295 on: October 08, 2011, 06:08 AM »

I'm with Wales in this one, come on!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #296 on: October 08, 2011, 06:09 AM »

Cymri am Beth! yay
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #297 on: October 08, 2011, 06:39 AM »

At the stadium now. Hung out at the fanzone in town for an hour and a half or so. Now in my seat watching this 1st game on the big screen. Stadium is g great site. First time ive been since the doubled the size of it for this.
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #298 on: October 08, 2011, 06:43 AM »

What a Celtic battle!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #299 on: October 08, 2011, 06:43 AM »

Brilliant 1st half. Both teams looking great, but wales have looked just that tad better.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »