Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  RWC 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26 Go Down Reply
Author

RWC 2011

(Read 7086 times)
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #75 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11 AM »

Finally!
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #76 on: September 10, 2011, 11:21 AM »

Youngs the match winner, yes!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #77 on: September 10, 2011, 11:25 AM »

What-the-f---'s happened to Wilkinson's boot???

dontknow Dan Carter swapped them. Whistle
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #78 on: September 10, 2011, 11:26 AM »

Winning ugly at it's best.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #79 on: September 10, 2011, 11:52 AM »

England are dead certs for the title on this evidence.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #80 on: September 10, 2011, 12:09 PM »

Phew that was a nightmare. Thank heavens Youngs recovered in time for this tournament, he's clearly by far our best player. Completely different team once he came on, there was more urgency, his passes were putting people into good positions, he was making good little darts and scored the winner. Completely changed the game. To be fair to Wigglesworth he was decent and didn't do anything wrong, but Youngs has the 'X factor' we really need. Tuilagi was a big disappointment, did absolutely nothing. Every time he got the ball he just ran straight into someone with his shoulder. Plenty of room for improvement but good to win the tough game first up.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #81 on: September 10, 2011, 12:13 PM »

Enjoyed watching it at the fanzone and have also discovered a free underground public carpark in the centre of town. Couldn't believe it was virtually empty on a Saturday night too, nobody knows about it! Closer to everything than my usual one which costs too. Smile
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #82 on: September 10, 2011, 03:02 PM »

yay Scotland won and scored 4 tries fainting Bit of a wobbly middle but good start and finish to the match.

As for England confused didn't expect that scoreline and feel bad for Johnny Frown But a win anyway and at least for now Scotland tops the Pool B table lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #83 on: September 10, 2011, 05:21 PM »

Enjoyed watching it at the fanzone and have also discovered a free underground public carpark in the centre of town. Couldn't believe it was virtually empty on a Saturday night too, nobody knows about it! Closer to everything than my usual one which costs too. Smile

Good find!

Watched at home.  Thought hubby was going to have a heart attack!  Wasn't at all impressed by some of the players and Jonny was having a nightmare of a match with the boot.  Wasn't impressed by the numbers coming off the shirts too.  Couldn't care less about them wearing black but has caused quite a fuss over here. Rolling Eyes  Major improvements required by all.

From the beeb:-

"I'm not going to apportion any kind of blame other than that on myself," said Wilkinson.

"I was the one kicking the ball and when I hit them I felt I was hitting them very, very well. It's the same for everyone, it's a case of going back to the drawing board and looking at how we can get better."
[ Last edit by Bevc September 10, 2011, 05:25 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #84 on: September 10, 2011, 05:40 PM »

YEah the shirts were ridiculous, Nike will be getting a rolicking for that! Didn't even last 5 mins before they started coming off.

I like the Scotland strip, looks really good Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #85 on: September 10, 2011, 05:53 PM »

I see that there wasn't a fuss about the French wearing an all white kit Whistle

YEah the shirts were ridiculous, Nike will be getting a rolicking for that! Didn't even last 5 mins before they started coming off.

I like the Scotland strip, looks really good Very Happy

I think I saw one of the England players come on as a sub and part of his number was coming off.  I sure as hell would be rolicking Nke about their sh*te shirts yes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #86 on: September 11, 2011, 03:44 AM »

yay Scotland won and scored 4 tries fainting Bit of a wobbly middle but good start and finish to the match.

Sounds like some of Andy's matches, although unfortunately not yesterday's one.

Didn't have the energy left after the tennis to watch this but from the reports Scotland's blushes were finally spared by two Danielli tries in the last five minutes.  Quite an achievement that.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #87 on: September 11, 2011, 11:13 AM »

Wales had their chances, such a shame.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #88 on: September 11, 2011, 12:45 PM »

Shame Wales couldn't hold on in the end. It was a fantastic match, I'd be very surprised if there's a more exciting one in the whole tournament. Gutted I didn't try and get tickets much earlier so could have gone to it. Wales were very impressive, particularly Priestland the fly half who I hadn't seen before. Potential star of the tournament. They've gained a lot by Stephen Jones being out IMO, never rated him the slightest bit.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 September 11, 2011, 12:52 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #89 on: September 11, 2011, 01:09 PM »

Shame Wales couldn't hold on in the end. It was a fantastic match, I'd be very surprised if there's a more exciting one in the whole tournament. Gutted I didn't try and get tickets much earlier so could have gone to it. Wales were very impressive, particularly Priestland the fly half who I hadn't seen before. Potential star of the tournament. They've gained a lot by Stephen Jones being out IMO, never rated him the slightest bit.

Very Happy Wales were immense! yay Came so close and did so well, SA not looking that convincing today.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »