Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  RWC 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: RWC 2011  (Read 5938 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #345 on: October 15, 2011, 02:30 PM »

I don't know, it was a really ugly challenge, albeit wales had those two kicks at the end, should have scored.
But that's how it goes in sport unfortunately.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #346 on: October 16, 2011, 12:38 AM »

Real shame for Wales. France were absolutely inept, even with a man advantage. I applaud the ref though. A dangerous foul is a dangerous foul. Doesn't matter whether it's in the 65th minute or a meaningless game or the 20th minute of a world cup semi final. It's a dangerous foul and the guy could have been seriously injured. The referees and players were told before the tournament the lifting players and turning them past horizontal would be treated with zero tolerance so the ref called it to the letter of the law. It was harsh and probably should have been a yellow card in hindsight, but the only person to blame is Sam Warburton for lifting a player and turning him upsdie down.

Still, Wales had 4 kicks to win the game. If you look at Percy Montgomery in 2007 and Jonny Wilkinson in 2003, it's not the kicks from the sideline or half way line that win World Cups, it's the kicks from 10-15 meters either side of the posts. You cannot afford to miss any of them. Those penalties that Hook missed in the first half and conversion Jones missed were unforgiveable.

France will get absolutely thrashed in the final next weekend. Should be by the largest ever margin in a final.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #347 on: October 16, 2011, 08:36 AM »

Extended news coverage tonight and most of it was dedicated to the AB's semi final tonight Rolling Eyes 
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #348 on: October 16, 2011, 09:29 AM »

The AB's are too good for Australia and probobly for France too.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #349 on: October 16, 2011, 09:31 AM »

Hubby watching match and says that a Kiwi has just done a similar tackle to Warburton's and nothing has been said.  Consistency?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #350 on: October 16, 2011, 10:44 AM »

God, work is going to be unbearable this week now! fainting
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #351 on: October 16, 2011, 12:42 PM »

Real shame for Wales. France were absolutely inept, even with a man advantage. I applaud the ref though. A dangerous foul is a dangerous foul. Doesn't matter whether it's in the 65th minute or a meaningless game or the 20th minute of a world cup semi final. It's a dangerous foul and the guy could have been seriously injured. The referees and players were told before the tournament the lifting players and turning them past horizontal would be treated with zero tolerance so the ref called it to the letter of the law. It was harsh and probably should have been a yellow card in hindsight, but the only person to blame is Sam Warburton for lifting a player and turning him upsdie down.

Still, Wales had 4 kicks to win the game. If you look at Percy Montgomery in 2007 and Jonny Wilkinson in 2003, it's not the kicks from the sideline or half way line that win World Cups, it's the kicks from 10-15 meters either side of the posts. You cannot afford to miss any of them. Those penalties that Hook missed in the first half and conversion Jones missed were unforgiveable.

France will get absolutely thrashed in the final next weekend. Should be by the largest ever margin in a final.

Which would seem fair apart from that it hasn't applied the rest of the time! The worst we've seen for tackles worse than that is a yellow, and most the time only pens. also the ref was so quick to judge and should have at least consulted his line judges before making the decision.

NZ v Australia was great fun to watch as a neutral. But the AB just looked to good. Shame his yellow puts SBW out of the line-up for next week.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #352 on: October 16, 2011, 08:51 PM »

Over the rugby talk at work/on the radio already. fainting 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #353 on: October 17, 2011, 01:07 AM »

Morning tea - must have been the only person in the office not to watch the match - blahblah Embarassed
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #354 on: October 17, 2011, 07:04 AM »

I can't do it! Complete news boycott of NZ tv news bulletins for the next week - month if they win! pullhair

IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #355 on: October 17, 2011, 07:46 AM »

Will have to be Kim Jong Il media lockdown for life not just a month. They should thrash France by a record margin for a final.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #356 on: October 17, 2011, 09:15 AM »

lmao

It's refreshing to know that you know where I'm coming from Very Happy
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #357 on: October 17, 2011, 09:18 PM »

My bet still lives on to the final. lol

Ashton still tied for the top with Clerc on 6. Biggest threat must be Israel Dagg on 5 though. Surely no way France are going to keep him scoreless.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #358 on: October 17, 2011, 10:04 PM »

My bet still lives on to the final. lol

Ashton still tied for the top with Clerc on 6. Biggest threat must be Israel Dagg on 5 though. Surely no way France are going to keep him scoreless.

Wouldn't imagine so. He was on form at the weekend Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #359 on: October 22, 2011, 09:47 PM »

One of local supermarkets is closing early for match tonight.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »