Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  RWC 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Reply
Author

RWC 2011

(Read 7696 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #360 on: October 23, 2011, 12:02 AM »

Well Ashley-Cooper didn't manage any tries against Wales so I'm in line for $120 if Clerc doesn't score and Dagg doesn't score more than 1.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #361 on: October 23, 2011, 06:41 AM »

crossfingers  Let's hope you get something positive out of this RWC.

3 News very disrespectful of French supporters tonight Eyebrow raise.

Allez France!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #362 on: October 23, 2011, 10:46 AM »

Well done to the Kiwis - fully deserved. Would have liked to have seen Wales in the final.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #363 on: October 23, 2011, 10:47 AM »

Kiwi commentator - the greatest rugby world cup team have won!

Not the thrashing they were all predicting though.

Hard luck France - I hear you played very well.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #364 on: October 23, 2011, 10:48 AM »

Congratulations to the AB's. It was a hard match for them, France played brave, but it wasn't good enough. To be honest, I thought England should have beaten France and Wales too, but that is sport.

PS
Congratulations to @invisibleman18 for his Ashton bet  clap
[ Last edit by what October 23, 2011, 10:53 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #365 on: October 25, 2011, 06:57 AM »

Well, the final was on Sunday and the controversy goes on

France fined for haka advance

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/world-cup/news/article/-/10844392/france-fined-for-haka-advance/

Someone at the IRB must be retard  New Zealand get to sing their national anthem in 2 languages and then do a haka.  The French walk up to meet the challenge of the haka (who should stand and take it) and as a result, cross the half-way line and cop a $20k fine.  Idiots (IRB) that is.  And idiot is not a word I like to use no

I say get out all forms of the haka at the next RWC - that will put a stop to any fines cmon yeah
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #366 on: October 25, 2011, 01:32 PM »

C'mon - the haka is the best bit of the match - love it!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #367 on: October 26, 2011, 09:26 AM »

Yeah.......I love it too Bev! There's nothing to stop other teams from creating there own forms of haka! Now that would be exciting! w00t
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #368 on: October 26, 2011, 09:57 PM »

Pity France missed that kick. Would have been a good last quarter of an hour if they'd gone 10-8 up. Anyway it was a good game and France rose to the occasion and were the better side and probably should have won.

Absolutely hate the All Blacks but can't help feeling a little pleased for Stephen Donald. Until the emergence of Slade and Cruden he was the only half decent number 10 behind Carter and he's never played very well when he's had a chance. Some of the things said about him over the last couple of years have been really nasty, especially after 1 bad game when they lost to Australia last year - he was never expected to play for them again after that 1. There have been real hate campaigns calling him the worst All Black of all time etc. Even the day before the final the newspaper had a cartoon saying he had come on and had a kick to win the final then a guy woke up from the nightmare - pretty ironic in the end! Must be a pretty good feeling for him.

Also the haka thing is pathetic. NZ are allowed to sing their national anthem in 2 different languages and perform a war dance telling the opposition they are going to slit their throats, and they can't walk forward and accept the challenge. Are they just supposed to sit back, say nothing and take it?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #369 on: October 26, 2011, 10:49 PM »

C'mon - the haka is the best bit of the match - love it!!
Yeah.......I love it too Bev! There's nothing to stop other teams from creating there own forms of haka! Now that would be exciting! w00t

I too loved the Haka and it's really great to see it live - some of the crowd really get into it - but it's just done to death over here!  Every opportunity someone gets, they whip out a haka Rolling Eyes

My point is let them do it, and the other team can do what they want to respond - none of this not crossing the half way line mularky or don't at all.  Some countries won't be able to afford the whopping fine that the IRB could slap on them.

As Piri Weepu explained on an interview here, he's getting the team ready for battle.  Are the opposition just supposed to do nothing?  The AB's don't need the protection of the IRB naughty
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #370 on: October 27, 2011, 10:44 AM »

I too loved the Haka and it's really great to see it live - some of the crowd really get into it - but it's just done to death over here!  Every opportunity someone gets, they whip out a haka Rolling Eyes

My point is let them do it, and the other team can do what they want to respond - none of this not crossing the half way line mularky or don't at all.  Some countries won't be able to afford the whopping fine that the IRB could slap on them.

As Piri Weepu explained on an interview here, he's getting the team ready for battle.  Are the opposition just supposed to do nothing?  The AB's don't need the protection of the IRB naughty

I agree Bev - let the other teams respond in whatever way they chose - other than actually disrupting the haka.  I'm surprised that the opposing team doesn't just stay in its team huddle and ignore the whole happening!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #371 on: December 11, 2011, 05:08 AM »

Apologies for bumping up this thread but the trophy is going to be on display at work on Tuesday (as the government department I'm at was very involved in the planning of the tournament) so I should be able to have a photo with it.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #372 on: December 13, 2011, 07:30 PM »

Getting up close with the Rugby World Cup:

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #373 on: December 14, 2011, 05:14 PM »

Wow......Is that solid gold or just plate?  Did they insist on shackles round your ankles for the picture?   :p
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: RWC 2011 « Reply #374 on: December 14, 2011, 11:29 PM »

According to Wikipedia is it "gilded silver" whatever that means. We were told not to touch it of course but I'm surprised it didn't have a glass box around it as it did for other public viewings prior to the tournament, although maybe this was different as it was a private viewing at the Government department. You have to believe it actually was one of the real ones (there are 2 that are inter-changeable) I suppose!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »