Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold

(Read 3402 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 12:06 AM »

you'd think you might win Sports Personality of the Year if you had a personality... not just that you won some stuff... (not saying any candidates dont have personalities....)

It;s not about the sportsperson with the most personality. But the sportsperson (how PC am I!) As in sporting person as in sporting personality (a sporting person), who acheives the most during the year.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 12:09 AM »

i see.... any idea how many nations were represented at this gymnastics competition? (in an effort to stop arguing)
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 12:10 AM »

I would imagine a lot. Most of Europe, USA, Canada are pretty big on gymnasts. Possibly aus and nz. Will find out.

Edit:

75 nations will visit Ã…rhus, when the 39th World Championships in Artistics Gymnastics are held in October 2006
[ Last edit by nkp2 October 21, 2006, 12:12 AM ] IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 12:12 AM »

East Europe rules here.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 12:17 AM »

Nations represented at the WC in Aachen: Denmark, Italy, GB, China, US, Russia, Romania, Hungary, Spain, Japan, Czech Republic, Mexico, Norway, Israel, Netherlands, Canada, Austria, Turkey, Egypt, Latvia, Switzerland, France, Finland, Germany, Poland, Ecuador, Ukraine, Algeria, Taipei, Slovakia, Greece, SA, Bulgaria.
Need I go on?
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 12:18 AM »

There's 42 you haven't listed......  hug Wink
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 01:13 AM »

point here being that andy doesnt have to beat 75 people to win a title... and not that this person did 75 runs, but at least they were still the best of 75....
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 02:13 AM »

No, the point being Andy hasn't won a major title and this girl just has.
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 04:19 AM »

Yes well done! Go GB!
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 06:23 AM »

It's not like you are not a good player if you don't win a 'major title'. Andy has done so much in the last twelve months.

It's much tougher to reach the round of 16 at two Slams and win San Jose than win the world championships at eventing. And Andy has done much more than just that.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 07:00 AM »

********. Arka that is the most biased and unfair argument. Andy has not done more than that. He has won one title and that wasn't even a Slam. Yes, he's progressed, but as you and he have both said, he's nowhere near the top of his game yet. Zara and Beth are at the peak of their competitive careers - they are beating the BEST IN THE WORLD and not just one fluke performance like Andy had against Federer, they are facing the best competitors in their field in the world all at the same time and WINNING. Andy, despite his achievements, has not come close to that.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 07:07 AM »

boll***.

In old days your replies would end at that point. Smile

Arka that is the most biased and unfair argument.

It's you who is deluded, not me who is biased.

He has won one title and that wasn't even a Slam.

"Even a slam". panic  Like a slam is a joke.

fluke performance like Andy had against Federer

You are definitely deluded. roflmao roflmao
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 07:09 AM »

Explain how my argument, which is to my eyes clear and rational, is deluded?

I realise that a slam is not a joke. Thats why it would be an achievement to win one - one that might be comparable to winning a world championships.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #28 on: October 21, 2006, 07:10 AM »

If such an award was given to Andy, it's just a signal that mediocrity is good enough to be celebrated. Give it to people who win major competitions, not people who go through a few rounds and go up a few ranking places. His time will come when he wins something major, not when he gets to the odd round of 16.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #29 on: October 21, 2006, 07:10 AM »

clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »