Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold

(Read 3505 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 01:33 AM »

Well it's hardly surprising given your one sided, narrow and small minded view. There is no room for debate with you arka. It;s your way or the highway.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 01:33 AM »

Good job by Tweddle. Smile

She doesn't deserve it ahead of Andy and Norfolk.

OH.....MY.....GAY......
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 01:38 AM »

Still go back to my previous point. To give such an award to someone who made the odd round of 16 when there are alternatives who achieved greater success is promoting the idea that mediocrity is good enough.
When it comes down to it, making a round of 16 means at least 8 did better than you right? So at best you finish 9th. Is a couple of 9th places really more deserving of a top award than someone who won? Especially when the winner beat every single other competitor in the field, and the 9th place only had to beat 4 people to get there?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 01:38 AM »

Ok, so explain to me again why Andy deserves it?
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 01:39 AM »

Well it's hardly surprising given your one sided, narrow and small minded view. There is no room for debate with you arka. It;s your way or the highway.

You are so keen on proving that Andy is ordinary that there's no room for debate.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 01:42 AM »

Ok, so explain to me again why Andy deserves it?

Because it's tougher to get to that level in tennis or footie than it is to get to the the top in a minority sport.

God! As that famous Arthur Ashe quote has it... "50,000,000 children start playing tennis, 5,000,000 learn to play tennis..... ".

The competition that you face is a lot more intense.
[ Last edit by Arka October 22, 2006, 01:42 AM ] IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 01:42 AM »

Who said he's ordinary?
Merely than what he has achieved this year is a bit ordinary in comparison to a couple of other Brits.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 01:44 AM »

Who said he's ordinary?

No one did but people are saying stuff like the win against Fed was a fluke. It would be lovely if people gave an expanation for that.

Should we have a thread in the tennis section analysing that famous match? dontknow
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #68 on: October 22, 2006, 01:48 AM »

You are so keen on proving that Andy is ordinary that there's no room for debate.

Again with the implications!

It's not about competing with the number of people who take a sport up. It;s about competing with the people at the top level.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #69 on: October 22, 2006, 01:50 AM »

Don't deny that.

But the people at the top in tennis need to work more to get there.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #70 on: October 22, 2006, 01:53 AM »

Do they hell. They need to work against more people, sure, but they need to work just as hard as any other sportsman or woman. These atheletes train all the damn time. Do you play tennis? I think not, not even picked up a raquet if i remember rightly, how the hell would you know what it takes anyway.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #71 on: October 22, 2006, 01:55 AM »

What a load of crap. Work harder than what?
Do you know how hardout those gymnasts are? And from such a young age.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #72 on: October 22, 2006, 01:57 AM »

Do you play tennis? I think not, not even picked up a raquet if i remember rightly, how the hell would you know what it takes anyway.

That has absolutely nothing to do with knowing about how hard you need to work.

You aren't a gymnast either. roflmao
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #73 on: October 22, 2006, 02:00 AM »

I never said i was. But i've played tennis and i know what that takes. And i;ve done gymnastics too, briefly, when i was younger. That's a hell of a hard sport. A lot harder than tennis. I can;t do gymnastics at all, but i can play tennis.

And experience of a sport has everything to do with knowing how hard it would be to reach the top. Your basing your opinion on numbers of people in the sport. Stop trying to change it into something else. That's your only reason why it;s hard so far.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #74 on: October 22, 2006, 02:02 AM »

You have never trained for pro tennis, so you don't know what it takes according to your philosophy.

And people who have never played tennis are perfectly capable of understanding what it takes.
[ Last edit by Arka October 22, 2006, 02:03 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »