Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Reply
Author

Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold

(Read 3587 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #75 on: October 22, 2006, 02:05 AM »

I know that it takes a lot of hard work. Having known several people who "could have" made it. And several that play/have played with teh likes of Jamie Murray and Colin Fleming.

But that's besides the point that it's the SAME in any sport.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #76 on: October 22, 2006, 03:12 AM »

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.    -   Joseph Joupert

Clearly nobody here read much Joupert.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #77 on: October 22, 2006, 03:15 AM »

I never say that I've won an argument.

Or so I think.
[ Last edit by Arka October 22, 2006, 03:15 AM ] IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #78 on: October 22, 2006, 03:31 AM »

I wasn't accusing you particularily. But in general, whether people say it or not, they still think it. Including myself. I wasn't really looking for a defence from anyone or plea of guilt, more just posting an interesting quote.

In your case, saying people have given up implies you have won. And i'm pretty sure once you said "Yay i win!  yay " in some thread. But possibly more as a joke than anything else. lol.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #79 on: October 22, 2006, 03:39 AM »

Yeah, it must have been said randomly.

Of course everyone thinks themselves to be the winner. Everyone in this world thinks himself to be right.

There's no winner in an argument in that sense. no
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #80 on: October 22, 2006, 03:42 AM »

Of course everyone thinks themselves to be the winner. Everyone in this world thinks himself to be right.

until proven wrong Wink - although some have trouble accepting it :P
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #81 on: October 22, 2006, 03:47 AM »

Can you prove anyone wrong in a logic based argument?

You can prove someone wrong in maths, but not logic. no

Every single thing is actually the way you view it. I could say that smoking sucks but someone could say that a bit of it doesn't hurt anyone.

He or she can't prove me wrong and the same goes for me.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #82 on: October 22, 2006, 04:41 AM »

That's not logic that's opinion. opinions can be proven wrong. It;s the ability to accept other opinions that let people down.

Although the logic part comes in when you back up your views. 
[ Last edit by nkp2 October 22, 2006, 04:42 AM ] IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #83 on: October 22, 2006, 04:57 AM »

That's not opinion. I'm not saying that smoking is bad because you don't look good, I say so because it's harmful.

Others may put forward the logic that it isn't harmful in small doses so you can smoke.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #84 on: October 22, 2006, 11:16 AM »

if anything, argument over opinions is absolutely daft.... it doesnt make sense....
IP Logged
arka
Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #85 on: October 22, 2006, 11:18 AM »

The whole world is daft. Face it.

IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Super Tweddle Wins Landmark Gold « Reply #86 on: October 22, 2006, 11:20 AM »

i knew that.... i try to tell people that but they just dont get it....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »