Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  The Ryder Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

The Ryder Cup

(Read 3278 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The Ryder Cup « Reply #45 on: September 24, 2006, 04:09 PM »

Great stuff. Well done to Ian Woosnam and the team for yet another superb victory. Very Happy
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: The Ryder Cup « Reply #46 on: September 24, 2006, 06:10 PM »

Full Singles Results
WON 1 UP  Montgomerie  - Toms   
                  Garcia  - Cink                   WON  4&3 
WON 2&1  Casey  -  Furyk   
                  Karlsson  -  Woods          WON 3&2 
WON 2&1  Donald  -  Campbell 
                  McGinley  MATCH HALVED Henry   
WON 3&2  Clarke  -  Johnson 
WON 4&3  Stenson  -  Taylor   
WON 5&4  Howell  -  Wetterich   
WON 2&1  Olazabal  -  Mickelson   
WON 2UP  Westwood  -  DiMarco   
                  Harrington  -  Verplank      WON 4&3

Europe wins 18.5 - 9.5. Equals the record victory from 2004.

We won!!  We won!! We won!! We won!!

IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: The Ryder Cup « Reply #47 on: September 24, 2006, 06:57 PM »

We gave them a good hiding, nice one Europe
IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

Re: The Ryder Cup « Reply #48 on: September 24, 2006, 07:03 PM »

excellent
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: The Ryder Cup « Reply #49 on: September 24, 2006, 07:07 PM »

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The Ryder Cup « Reply #50 on: September 24, 2006, 08:28 PM »

clap  Well done Europe!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: The Ryder Cup « Reply #51 on: September 25, 2006, 08:58 AM »

Fantastic stuff, just finished watching lol. Got up at just 6 this morning to fit in a couple of hours before leaving for uni, and fortunately we had won by the time I had to leave. Just finished off the rest of it and the presentation. Absolutely shattered now lol, those 3 days were harder on me than the players Very Happy
Great to see Darren Clarke win 3 from 3, perhaps a sentimental nomination for Sports Personality of the Year? Wouldn't get any arguments from me. And Olazabal winning his first singles in Ryder Cup since 1989! Best moment though was Steve Williams losing Tiger Wood's 9 iron into the river. Hilarious lol He was just cleaning it ready for Woods to use and it slipped out of his hand and into the water. Even Wood's couldn't do anything but laugh. So funny. Wonder how many people went in for it at the end. You'd never be able to prove it was Wood's club though, there will probably be 100 of them on ebay this week Very Happy

Nice touch to see the team wearing those pink jackets, breast cancer charity colours, for the presentation. And the fact that all the Europeans hats said Europe on the back, while the Americans had each players name, and that the Europeans sat down lined up in alphabetical order at the presentation while the Americans sat in world ranking order for me really summed up how the Europeans are always team of mates, and the yanks are a bunch of individuals who didn't really want to be there without a big prize money sum attached. Also hearing the reason Verplank was put last in the singles order was because he was really pissed off at only getting one fours match and had a go at Lehman. Sorry, but when you qualify lowest ranked for the team, you are honoured to play whenever selected IMO. Although I do agree it wasn't fair to only give a few of them 1 match. That guy Taylor didn't get a game until the 4th round of matches, and Wetterich only played the 1st morning before singles. That's not right IMO. The Europeans all got at least 2 fours matches under their belt, and consequently everyone contributed to the final score total.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »