Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Tour de France 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Tour de France

(Read 3265 times)
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 12:39 PM »

Innocent. I spit on innocent.
IP Logged
rochelle
Top Seed

Andy and Jamie

Re: Tour de France « Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 12:04 PM »

as we were talking about drugs and failing the drug test

well Justin Gatlin has admitted failing a drugs test in April. Im not a big athletic fan but i really liked this guy ... lost my respect now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/5227956.stm
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 12:05 PM »

Shocking isn't it? If it's proved true, then his career could be over.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Tour de France « Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 12:10 PM »

He has admitted it, so he is in trouble.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 12:12 PM »

No, he's admitted he's failed it, he hasn't admitted that he knowingly took banned substances.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Tour de France « Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 12:16 PM »

Ma mistake. confused
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Tour de France « Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 12:21 PM »

Yeah. As I understand it, from what I have seen/heard/read; what he is saying is that his body naturally produces too much testosterone, and he never took anything to increase it. This may well be true. However if it is so, then it is interesting that out of the 7 drug tests he underwent throughout the tour (that was the figure I heard), he only failed 1, which happened to be the day he made that amazing comeback and won that stage to go from something like 10 minutes behind, to end up the leader. If his body has always had unusually high testosterone, then logic would suggest it would have been noticed in most, if not all of the tests, rather than just the 1 exception (which as it happened was after the one freak result that make the use of drugs look more likely).

Still, I am no scientist and certainly no expert. Just repeating the interesting facts I have heard on the news. Innocent until proven guilty and all that...
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 12:25 PM »

I heard it all too and I agree. It's all much too accidental.

He only failed 1, which happened to be the day he made that amazing comeback and won that stage to go from something like 10 minutes behind, to end up the leader.

Totally. It's just too strange.
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Tour de France « Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 11:39 AM »

Gatlin's coach had said that His athlete was sobataged as in someone may have slipped the drugs into his body, the coach also said that he knows he it is, and more importantly that Gatlin also knows who it is!!

IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 11:45 AM »

But Gatlin's lawyer has moved to distance his client from these claims, saying that the coach came out with that without consulting Gatlin and that Gatlin doesn't want to be drawn into the circle of accusations.
IP Logged
rochelle
Top Seed

Andy and Jamie

Re: Tour de France « Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 11:50 AM »

this is just get more serious ... i mean for someone to drug him in the 1st place..its pathetic.. if he is found guilty then this whole career is over. It mentioned on bbc that he was found guilty of using drugs when he was a junior
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 11:52 AM »

I think the junior thing though was lessened because it was found that the medication he was taking for his ADHD could have produced the same results...
IP Logged
rochelle
Top Seed

Andy and Jamie

Re: Tour de France « Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 11:54 AM »

o rite i didnt no that ... i suppose it still wont look good for him now coz they may b thinking he has done it before why not again ( maybe)
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 11:55 AM »

Exactly - although his first ban was lessened and partly overturned, it wasn't removed from his record. Part of the first ban was that if he was found guilty again then he would be banned for life. So, unless he can somehow prove his innocence....
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Tour de France « Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 11:57 AM »

Yeah I heard that he said this time it was from something he took for ADHD, not heard the story about someone drugging him (which is so ridicuous and obviously made up anyway).
Still, if it was something for his ADHD he is an idiot. I can't believe that athletes would be so stupid as to take any form of medication without checking with someone (ie, a doctor, expert etc) that all the ingredients of the drug are ok. The consequences of getting caught with something banned inside you are so big that I wouldn't take anything without checking it out 1st.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »