Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Tour de France 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Tour de France

(Read 3689 times)
rochelle
Top Seed

Andy and Jamie

Re: Tour de France « Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 11:57 AM »

i hope he is found innocent ,... like i said before im not a big athletics fan but i really like watching this guy
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 11:59 AM »

Exactly!! Totally agree. Accidentally taking medication doesn't happen!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Tour de France « Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 12:02 PM »

I am indifferent as to whether I hope he is found innocent or guilty. I hope the correct decision is made. If he cheated, then ban his arse, if not, then let him off.
I think its an absolute disgrace that Dwain Chambers has done his ban and waltzed straight back into the British team. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a track again IMO. I can't imagine some of the other sprinters are too fond of him after he got them stripped of their World Champs silver medals (which should have been gold anyway had he managed to hold on to a massive lead in the final leg, lot of use his drugs were).
IP Logged
arka
Re: Tour de France « Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 01:32 PM »

I think its an absolute disgrace that Dwain Chambers has done his ban and waltzed straight back into the British team. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a track again IMO.

I agree.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #34 on: August 04, 2006, 12:36 AM »

The ban for Dwain Chambers was decided in accoradance with the laws of the IAAF and BAA. He's served his ban and is entitled to compete once more. Llandis if he cheated is a ****** just like chambers, and will be banned according to the UCI's rules as well.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Tour de France « Reply #35 on: August 04, 2006, 05:01 AM »

Not disputing Chambers has done his ban, I just disagree with British Athletics selecting him again over other athletes, especially as he got his team, and supposed mates stripped of their medals. If he had cost me a world championship medal, I wouldn't particularly want to be running alongside him again. He's banned from the Olympics for life I think anyway, so why not select other people to build up for the Olympics?
I know I couldn't ever support him again, even if he was the one Brit in a major final or something. But maybe that's just me.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 August 04, 2006, 05:04 AM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #36 on: August 04, 2006, 10:34 AM »

Because the state of British sprinting is poor. They don't have that much choice to be perfectly honest. Apart from Devonish and Gardener (who's injured) the others are either too young or are underperforming horrifically. Devonish is concentrating on the 200m and they're taking Edgar (young and up-and-coming) and Lewis-Francis (underperforming). Realistically they have to win a certain amount of medals to maintain their funding, so, yes, if he's fit, he's clean and he's fast, then they're going to select him.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Tour de France « Reply #37 on: August 04, 2006, 10:53 AM »

Yeah fair enough. I just don't think it's fair that he gets selected to represent Britain at the European Championships. Especially as he can't be selected for the Olympics. But that's just my opinion. I wouldn't select him ever again, he doesn't deserve the chance IMO, all drugs cheats would be banned from all competition for life if it was up to me, but of course it isn't lol. It's not like he even had that great a record with the drugs, so can't imagine he will win anything without them.
And I hope he doesn't win any medals, or even get to any final.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #38 on: August 04, 2006, 11:03 AM »

Well with Pognon and Obikwelu in the mix, it's unlikely we'll get any medals in the 100m....
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Tour de France « Reply #39 on: August 05, 2006, 10:50 AM »

Landis returns positive B sample... Neutral

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/5233476.stm
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Tour de France « Reply #40 on: August 05, 2006, 11:26 AM »

Good. Now ban his arse and strip him of the title. Not that I'm an expert by any means, but if his body really did produce excessive levels of testosterone naturally, then surely it would have been noticed in more than just 1 test wouldn't it? Not just in the test after the ride that effectively won him the tour.
Too suspicious for my liking. Cheat.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Tour de France « Reply #41 on: August 05, 2006, 12:41 PM »

Good. Now ban his arse and strip him of the title.

Yeah.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Tour de France « Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 02:11 AM »

Seems like Armstrong is making a comeback next year...
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Tour de France « Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 09:24 AM »

I heard that last night on the radio or tv or somewhere, he has applied for out of season testing which must be done at least six months before hand.

So it is looking good for his return clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »