Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Vancouver 2010 Olympics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Vancouver 2010 Olympics

(Read 3359 times)
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 07:52 PM »

Yes Lindsey Vonn!!
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 08:44 PM »

I'm watching live Cross Country qualifiers.

So exciting! These woman work so hard..they are so exhausted afterwards.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 09:32 PM »

I loved it! It's weird how I can be so drawn in to a sport I know nothing about... I have done like 2 weeks of skiing and I'm pretty awful, but I was captivated by the downhill skiing! I'm so easily amused... Very Happy
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41 PM »

Wouldn't normally watch watch downhill skiing either but I seem to find myself interested in it during the Olympics. That happens often in the Olympics.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 09:46 PM »

Wouldn't normally watch watch downhill skiing either but I seem to find myself interested in it during the Olympics. That happens often in the Olympics.
highfive Olympic Fever.... I love it, roll on 2012 Very Happy
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 09:48 PM »

Oh and what were your thoughts on tonights snowy events Allan? Did you have a favourite going in? (did you even know any of their names before-I didn't lol)
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 10:20 PM »

yeah, Benny into the half-pipe semis!
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 10:24 PM »

I haven't been permitted to watch that one. The rents had about five heart attacks watching the downhill, my mum can't cope with snowboarding...
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 10:24 PM »

Oh and what were your thoughts on tonights snowy events Allan? Did you have a favourite going in? (did you even know any of their names before-I didn't lol)
The only event I watched tonight was the women's downhill. The only names I'd heard of before were Alcott and Vonn.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 10:27 PM »

That's two more than me! Very Happy
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 10:32 PM »

I haven't been permitted to watch that one. The rents had about five heart attacks watching the downhill, my mum can't cope with snowboarding...

what the ****? The downhill results in far more horrible crashes than the half pipe snowboarding.

This, however, hurts quite a lot:

IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 10:39 PM »

what the f**k? The downhill results in far more horrible crashes than the half pipe snowboarding.

This, however, hurts quite a lot:

Mmm well they're gay.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 10:41 PM »

And, oh dear... That's not as big a wipeout as some of the skiing ones...
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 11:05 PM »

Been enjoying watching it in the evenings after work.

For the first time since I've lived in NZ, the Olympics is on Sky which is absolutely brilliant. Usually it's on just the free to air channel 1 and coverage is appalling having to fit around the breakfast programmes they won't change and the news. All you get is entire coverage of events with 1 Kiwi in them who are coming last. In the summer Olympics all we get is entire basketball games every day and they take pretty much all day. Terrible with just the 1 channel as you have no choice. At least in 2008 they put a few extra channels online so we could watch all the cycling and things. Fortunately Sky have got it in 2012 (although I really hope to be there).

This time we have it on Sky with 4 new round the clock channels for it, so we have a choice of what to watch. The other day I watched Ski Jumping and when I got fed up with that I could switch over and watch the luge, then go onto the next channel and watch a bit of biathlon, then find some highlights of stuff I'd missed earlier in the day on another channel. On channel 1 we'd just get highlights of something 1 Kiwi came last in 2 days before.

Last night I watched a bit of figure skating then the British men's curling match. People here say curling is extremely boring but I was getting into it in the same way I do an Arsenal match. That is, edge of the seat, swearing when the opposition pick up a couple of easy points, celebrating when we got those 2 points in the 9th end to think that maybe we might do it, and then ultimately the inevitable head in hands when the final poor shot threw it away and gave them the easy last shot for the win.

I find most of the events fascinating, even relatively "boring" things like curling as living in this country, the only times I could ever see any of these things is when the Olympics comes around. All something completely different for me.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 February 17, 2010, 11:09 PM ] IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics « Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 11:25 PM »

Yeah, my mum and I had a lengthy discussion about curling earlier- neither of us know anything about it though!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »