MurraysWorld  >  Sports Talk  >  When they were players
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

When they were players

Just came across this on another site and though it was fun. Some of today's managers when they were players, barely recognisable. Who are they?

I got 6/10 (1, 2, 5, 7, 8 and 9 I found easy)

For a clue, all but 3, 4 and 10 either are or have been managers in the Premier League. Probably why I didn't get those ones at first although kicking myself about 3!
IP Logged

No. 9's a real hotty, I'll need to tune in when you put out the answers to find out who he is.  wub
IP Logged

Biggest git of the lot tbh.
IP Logged
Joe

Just found the forum you took this from - No 9 just doesn't look right to me, for some reason!

No 10 is hard to work out without the present day stupid 'tache, although the clue is in the club shirt I guess.
IP Logged

Really? 9 I got almost immediately along with 8 (probably for obvious reasons...)
IP Logged

Much harder set. Embarrassingly I couldn't get any!

IP Logged
Joe

No 19 is clearly Big Phil Scolari.

No 20 looks familiar. Think
IP Logged

I thought Souness for 19 but it is indeed Scolari. lol

20 is Daniel Craig surely. lol
IP Logged
Joe

20: The Aussie coach during the World Cup? Think

IP Logged

No not Pim Verbeek. It is a current international manager however.
IP Logged
Joe

Got it - Trappatoni?
IP Logged
Joe

17: Shteve McClaren?

Can't believe I was thinking Megson for that for ages, then thought about other gingers in management and it dawned on me! Clearly Shtevey - played for Hull too of course!
IP Logged

I'll have a stab at the first 10

1 - Allardyce, that's a definite.
2 - Ancelotti
3 - Fabio Capello
4 - Do not have a clue
5 - SAF
6 - Has to be Davie Moyes, played with Celtic obviously and is a ginger.
7 - Harry Redknapp, hasn't changed much, apart from some facial scars after that car-crash
8 - Struggled with this one initially, but the lips for me gave it away - it's Wenger.
9 - Is that Mourinho? roflmao
10 - Don't know.
IP Logged

All correct Andrew and yes 20 is Trappatoni and 17 is Mclaren (I thought Strachan at first).
IP Logged
Joe

I'll have a stab at the first 10

1 - Allardyce, that's a definite.
2 - Ancelotti
3 - Fabio Capello
4 - Do not have a clue
5 - SAF
6 - Has to be Davie Moyes, played with Celtic obviously and is a ginger.
7 - Harry Redknapp, hasn't changed much, apart from some facial scars after that car-crash
8 - Struggled with this one initially, but the lips for me gave it away - it's Wenger.
9 - Is that Mourinho? roflmao
10 - Don't know.

4 had me stumped until I found the answers - think of a recently-departed coach of a major European nation currently in national team turmoil...

It still doesn't look like Mourinho to me! It's the obvious choice though, given the posy fancy-boy look.

10 needs the tache in place to be obvious! lol
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply