Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Who should be the new England manager? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Who should be the new England manager?

(Read 3476 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 04:03 AM »

On a less serious note, I have a new scheme. Noone. We don't need a manager. lol

Let the fans sign up to a register and each game vote on the starting lineup and tactics. Noone knows better than us. Any muppet at home could have told you you don't pick a 22 year old goalkeeper with 1 cap in a game like that. Or that playing Peter Crouch as a lone striker without David Beckham in the side is utterly pointless. Or that Darren "I cost the same as Henry but can't get a game for Spurs" Bent is crap. Even Kiwis at work who know bugger all about football have been asking me all day "why did he change the goalkeeper?"

Noone knows better than the fans, so let us choose everything and some designated spokesperson gives the team talk and takes charge of substitutions. Same in any sport. I know pretty much bugger all about rugby but even I could have told you that you play a centre at centre and don't take injured players to World Cups. And those are the 2 things that have cost NZ each of the last 3 World Cups.

You might say: "well isn't this just Politics? Surely it can't work. People voted for George Bush and look what's happened."
Well, that wouldn't be quite true. In politics, you only vote for the person or party. Or in this context, the starting lineup. You don't get much say in the tactics once the team is named. People voted for George Bush the person but not for his tactics which he can change till his heart's content.

So don't spend however many millions of pounds on another muppet like Martin Jol. Let those who know best, us, take the reigns.

Come on, need to bring smiles back to faces over all this, including my own.
Thoughts? lol
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 23, 2007, 10:43 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 05:40 AM »

Me!  I'll work these lads into shape  whip

if your not too pissed all the time

Ah, she'd have been great in Gazza's time lol

IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 11:29 AM »

Redknapp for England! lmao
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 11:33 AM »

Ah, she'd have been great in Gazza's time lol

Hehe.  I've got a training scheme all worked out Whistle
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 11:39 AM »

On a less serious note, I have a new scheme. Noone. We don't need a manager. lol

Let the fans sign up to a register and each game vote on the starting lineup and tactics. Noone knows better than us. Any muppet at home could have told you you don't pick a 22 year old goalkeeper with 1 cap in a game like that. Or that playing Peter Crouch as a lone striker without David Beckham in the side is utterly pointless. Or that Darren "I cost the same as Henry but can't get a game for Spurs" Bent is crap. Even Kiwis at work who know bugger all about football have been asking me all day "why did he change the goalkeeper?"

Noone knows better than the fans, so let us choose everything and some designated spokesperson gives the team talk and takes charge of substitutions. Same in any sport. I know pretty much bugger all about rugby but even I could have told you that you play a centre at centre and don't take injured players to World Cups. And those are the 2 things that have cost NZ each of the last 3 World Cups.

You might say: "well isn't this just Politics? Surely it can't work. People voted for George Bush and look what's happened."
Well, that wouldn't be quite true. In politics, you only vote for the person or party. Or in this context, the starting lineup. You don't get much say in the tactics once the team is named. People voted for George Bush the person but not for his tactics which he can change till his heart's content.

So don't spend however many millions of pounds on another muppet like Martin Jol. Let those who know best, us, take the reigns.

Come on, need to bring smiles back to faces over all this, including my own.
Thoughts? lol

This is what has happened with Ebbsfleet FC last week!  They auctioned off shares to the public, and now they vote on the team selection, transfers and so on!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 11:42 AM »

I'll be interested to hear how that gets on.
Seriously, nobody knows what the team needs better than the fans. There's merit in this system I tell you.
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 11:45 AM »

Yeah and 20,000 people picking the team, over just 1 makes more sense!!!
IP Logged
bestofbarry
Seed

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 05:09 PM »

Redknapp
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 05:16 PM »

Mike Bassett w00t

IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 05:39 PM »

Jurgen Klinsmann?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 07:22 PM »

Redknapp for England! lmao

Just heard the Piers Morgan suggest that on Sky news shocking but then again, would he be any worse than the previous couple of managers dontknow
[ Last edit by Bevc November 23, 2007, 07:22 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 07:29 PM »

I'll be interested to hear how that gets on.
Seriously, nobody knows what the team needs better than the fans. There's merit in this system I tell you.

They should give it ago - what have they to lose? Very Happy
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 03:32 AM »

Martin O'Neil has ruled himself out. I've never quite understood what he has actually done to be considered so highly. Bugger all with Leicester tbh. Yeah he did well at Celtic but seriously, who wouldn't do well at Celtic? At the risk of starting a new argument, he only had 1 opposition to think about every season. It's slightly different now there's one or 2 other teams like Hearts who cause problems, but when he was there he only had 1 opponent to think about. He's done f**k all with Villa too.

My money is on it being Stuart Pearce.
Fabio Capello seems to be the main one making noise about wanting it at the moment. Can't argue with his club record to be fair. Hiddink should still be the main target for me. Absolutely demolish the bank to sign him once Russia are out of the Euro.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 24, 2007, 03:35 AM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 03:34 AM »

UEFA Cup final and all that jazz.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 03:42 AM »

Ah true I didn't really think about Europe. Still wouldn't have him at the top of the list though. Can't see that he's done enough with his average clubs (Leicester and Villa) who would be more like managing England though. Anyway, ruled himself out so more need to discuss him.

They have to go for Hiddink. Capello is certainly worth looking into given his record and his apparent desire to take on the challenge.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 24, 2007, 03:42 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »