Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  Who should be the new England manager? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Who should be the new England manager?

(Read 3929 times)
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #60 on: November 29, 2007, 10:22 AM »

Anyway, Mourinho now says he wants and astronomical £4m a year salary!

And how much do you think Hiddink would want?? You're the one who was talking about breaking the bank for him, Mourinho is worth it too...
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #61 on: November 29, 2007, 10:27 AM »

Indeed. I feel it would be worth it for Hiddink given his International track record. I personally don't believe Mourinho would be. But that's just me. He couldn't be worse than Steve Mclaren.
But that's just my opinion and I'm noone.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 29, 2007, 10:53 AM ] IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #62 on: December 07, 2007, 08:52 AM »

I think this a great move by England if they can pull it off and get Mourinho.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7132161.stm

Still don’t like him, but he is a good manager.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #63 on: December 09, 2007, 05:08 PM »

Just saw on Sky that Mourinho turned down the FA.

Sad, walking about.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #64 on: December 09, 2007, 08:30 PM »

Good news. Now go for Hiddink who should have been first choice please.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #65 on: December 09, 2007, 08:30 PM »

Sad, walking about.
Ah sh*t Frown

I don't blame him though, it seems anyone who takes that job has their reputation ruined.
[ Last edit by Mark December 09, 2007, 08:30 PM ] IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #66 on: December 09, 2007, 08:35 PM »

Sad, walking about.

On Sky? He'll sign tomorrow then... Rolling Eyes

Seriously though... I've just had a look at the report on their website... no new news... it's just more speculation and crap. Nobody knows whether he will do it or not.
[ Last edit by JohnW December 09, 2007, 08:35 PM ] IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #67 on: December 09, 2007, 08:44 PM »

You're right about Sky...
Thats why i like the BBC, they put all stuff like that in one article - the gossip column - so you realise its mostly crap or speculation.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #68 on: December 10, 2007, 06:52 PM »

Well, its official now, Mourinho has ruled himself out. See BBC.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #69 on: December 10, 2007, 07:57 PM »

Looks like being one of the Italians then as they both appear to be saying "come and get me."
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #70 on: December 11, 2007, 03:11 PM »

on another msgboard everyone automatically pick Mourinho haha
[ Last edit by ColdMarek December 11, 2007, 03:12 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #71 on: December 12, 2007, 10:38 AM »

I've decided that I'll put my name forward - thankless job (pretty much what I'm doing at mo), I'd not want too much money, the travel perks would be good though, I'd motivate them by threatening to wear seductive clothing lol and I'm ready for a change in jobs and I wouldn't be any worse than Erikkson or McLaren would I? lol
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #72 on: December 12, 2007, 11:15 AM »

Looks like you're getting Fabio.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #73 on: December 12, 2007, 06:10 PM »

Looks like you're getting Fabio.

Can that man speak any English at all - it would be a help Very Happy
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

Re: Who should be the new England manager? « Reply #74 on: December 13, 2007, 07:49 PM »

Well the FA have approved him, subject to successful contract negotiations which I'm sure won't be a problem.

Wouldn't have been my first choice, mainly because he doesn't have that international experience and success I'd hope for in the new man. But he's been there and won that in club football and you can't really argue with his record. There's nothing left for him to achieve in the domestic game and at his age it's the right time to move into international management. For someone like Mourinho, they are still relatively early in their career so are always going to be tempted by one of the European "super-clubs." And the speculation is that Mourinho is going to be offered the AC Milan job in the summer while there's also been rumours about Inter.

So Capello wouldn't have been my first choice, but he is one of the top managers out there so I look forward to seeing how he can turn things around from what must be considered one of the lowest points of our footballing history.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »