Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  World Cup 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: At what stage do you think that England will go out of the world cup?  (Voting closed: February 07, 2006, 07:46 PM)
Group Stage - 1 (11.1%)
Quarter-finals - 7 (77.8%)
Semi-finals - 1 (11.1%)
Runners Up - 0 (0%)
They'll win it! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

World Cup 2006

(Read 6332 times)
Speedy Hawk
ATP Level

Never give up, Never say die

World Cup 2006 « on: December 07, 2005, 06:53 PM »

:fball: Who do you think will win the World Cup 2006? How far do you think England will go? :fball:

I think England will get in the Quarter - Final at least. I hope they can get further and maybe win it.

cheerleaders

Go England!
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

World Cup 2006 « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 06:58 PM »

Would love to see England win it but if i am totally honest i don't think they will, they may just scrape through their group.

I havent seen the whole list of who has qualified  confused - will take a nosey later and let you know  goodjob
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 07:04 PM »

Yaaaay.. footie beautiful footie!  goodjob

I think 2006 will be tough year for the English squad.  dontknow I think if they do get to the quater finals.. it will involve a very nice draw and lots of training. I think the standard of play has gone down since the 90's.. and there might be some shocking losses to come! Frown Of course i'll be cheering for them...
But at this moment, i'll be very happy if they manage to get through the group stages! Very Happy
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

World Cup 2006 « Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 07:10 PM »

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/team/index.html

Has list of qualified teams, still dont know who i think will win it  dontknow
just dont think England will get any further than group qualifying round Frown
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

World Cup 2006 « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 07:14 PM »

I'm guessing Argentina and Brazil have a good chance, no?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 07:17 PM »

I really hope someone like Germany, Sweeden or Spain win it!  goodjob
I mean not that i don't want England to win (i think there is no chance..) Frown
It's just Brazil/other S-American countries win.. and i love their players and style of football to bits notworthy ...but they just win to many times.  :P
I don't want France to win either.. this is nothing personal, but it's just they've won it recently aswell!  Think

edit: couple of typos Wink
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

World Cup 2006 « Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 07:18 PM »

England will definately come through their group, now that they are seeded.  If Frank is on form and Terry plays like a rock at the back then of course we will win  =D>
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

World Cup 2006 « Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 07:19 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"

I don't want France to win either.  Think

me either, but the way some Brazilian players are playing at the moment it could be them
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

World Cup 2006 « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 07:22 PM »

Ronaldinho...  Think
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

World Cup 2006 « Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 07:27 PM »

No Scotland, yet again....  no

At least you English have a team in the tournament to support.

I'm ashamed to say I don't know anyone Scottish who ever wants to see the England football team do well.  Probably a mixture of sour grapes and the @!&**@&! English media.  blahblah
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 07:31 PM »

upfunny I've always said there should be a British team.. im sure the English will rant at me straight away Frown but... i just think it means there will be a bigger chance of success.. and the Scottish/Welsh will get involved in football more!  goodjob
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 07:39 PM »

Oh no, I don't like the idea of a British team at all.   no  We Scots and, I think, the Welsh are far too fiercely patriotic for that.  Oh, the very idea of it ... shocking
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

World Cup 2006 « Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 07:39 PM »

I know this is what you said would happen but I strongly disagree.  If we made a British team for football then we would have to make one for rugby, cricket and loads of other sports.  In rugby, if all the british teams formed one team, then what would happen to the Six Nations and the Lions wouldn't be such a big thing.  In Cricket, a lot of Welsh people play for England such as both of Jones and in the past Robert Croft.  To make it even more internationall there are a few South Africans wth Pietersen and Straus (he was born there but has lived in England most of his life)

This probably doesn't make sense but even if football was played as Britain, who would play from the other nations??  We have a great defense (minus Neville) some quality Midfielders (gerrard and lampard cam 2nd and 3rd in European footballer of the year, and don't forget Beckham) and Rooney and Owen can be as good as anyone on their day, especially Rooney.  Football would be a lot less patriotic and I don't think Scots, Welsh and Irish (sorry if I'm wrong Elly) would agree either.  They wouldn't want a team of majority Englishmen representing them at such a passionate sport as football. dontknow  Whistle

EDIT:  I started before Elly wrote so I now see that she agrees.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 07:40 PM »

Football would be a lot less patriotic and I don't think Scots, Welsh and Irish (sorry if I'm wrong Elly) would agree either.  They wouldn't want a team of majority Englishmen representing them at such a passionate sport as football.  

Thank you Josh, I couldn't think how to put it.... been a long day... Wink
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 07:51 PM »

Yea i see your point Josh!
If we had a British footie team.. then it would be the same for cricket and rugby. (oh please... never!!!!!)
Scottish pride (curling!!) Wink ..and welsh patriotism *cough* Laura.. would be spoilt.  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »