Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  World Cup 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: At what stage do you think that England will go out of the world cup?  (Voting closed: February 07, 2006, 07:46 PM)
Group Stage - 1 (11.1%)
Quarter-finals - 7 (77.8%)
Semi-finals - 1 (11.1%)
Runners Up - 0 (0%)
They'll win it! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author

World Cup 2006

(Read 6669 times)
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

World Cup 2006 « Reply #60 on: December 10, 2005, 05:34 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
I think all the groups are pretty tight! So should be a great one this time!  =D> Brazil will probably have an easy ride as usual...  Whistle

And England - we can only hope for the best. If they don't get through the Group stages along side Sweeden in Group B it will be pretty disapointing. Frown

Looks like Brazil have judging by their group ........... could you imagine Togo winning it lol
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #61 on: December 10, 2005, 05:54 PM »

LOL! Well there can always be some suprises in football.
There's a team from South Africa that i remember watching some time ago.. called Burkina Faso. And they did amazing  =D>  (really can't remember when i saw or heard them...)
It would be nice to have some dark horses in sport more often! Very Happy
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

World Cup 2006 « Reply #62 on: December 10, 2005, 06:58 PM »

England should definately get through their group and if they don't then I think that Sven's time might be up.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #63 on: December 10, 2005, 09:19 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
England should definately get through their group and if they don't then I think that Sven's time might be up.

Agree!! Smile I think England have had their losses and if 2006 doesn't bring anything.. Sven's outta here.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

World Cup 2006 « Reply #64 on: December 11, 2005, 01:02 AM »

im not convinced by england being second seeds though.i think the expectation level will be too high for them
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

World Cup 2006 « Reply #65 on: December 11, 2005, 10:16 AM »

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
im not convinced by england being second seeds though.i think the expectation level will be too high for them

I know - with their form this year, that seeding was a little surprising in my eyes....
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

World Cup 2006 « Reply #66 on: January 24, 2006, 07:46 PM »

What are everyone's predictions for the World Cup 2006?  Think the final clashes with Wimbledon fortnight, but not 100% on that, but I'm sure that someone will put me right!

I think that the England team need to play with a bit more 'passion' and start playing more like a team but I'm no expert, so what do I know!  dontknow

I think that they'll get to the quarter-final stages at most but I hope that they prove me wrong.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

World Cup 2006 « Reply #67 on: January 24, 2006, 07:48 PM »

Also, quaters...
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

World Cup 2006 « Reply #68 on: January 24, 2006, 07:51 PM »

They will probably get to quarters then Sven will see them lose but won't do anything.  we have applied for tickets for some of England's group matches and possibly their second round match.  We will find out at the beginning of Feburary.  Hope we go but I really don't see England getting far.  If Rooney,Gerrard, Lampard and Terry are all on top form then maybe we can scrape through to the semis but I don't think so.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

World Cup 2006 « Reply #69 on: January 24, 2006, 08:48 PM »

yep, im thinking quarters if we're lucky!  dontknow

and i agree with you bev!!  goodjob
england need to think of the football.. not the money, the friendly (or non friendly in most cases) relations.. and strat playing with a bit more passion and enthusiam.. at the end of the day it's the football that we're all here for!!
but i do think they've got something missing.  dontknow maybe it's someone that would draw everyone together, but just seems that everything's pretty much falling to peices. Frown
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

World Cup 2006 « Reply #70 on: January 24, 2006, 09:01 PM »

i think they could get to the semis.there are a lot of players who can perform on a big stage and are used to winning
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »