Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Sports Talk  >  World Cup 2010 Qualification 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Reply
Author

World Cup 2010 Qualification

(Read 8958 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #150 on: March 29, 2009, 04:32 PM »

Its always the magic 15 minutes from the end when its going ape sh...t  that they decide to replace someone even when it should  have been done ages ago...Must be in the coaching manual.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #151 on: March 29, 2009, 06:42 PM »

Sh*te. Why was Caldwells goal dissalowed? Any ideas?

Some people are saying foul on the keeper as the cross was taken. I think Fletcher tugging on a dutch boys shirt. A shame either way, as neither incident affected anyone getting to the ball. Was a good header.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #152 on: April 01, 2009, 08:20 AM »

Ferguson and McGregor have been dropped for Scotland's match against Iceland after allegedly staying up drinking at the team hotel.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #153 on: April 01, 2009, 08:42 PM »

ROOOOOSSSSSSSSSS MCCORMACK!!!!!!!!!!!  1-0! cmon yeahyay
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #154 on: April 01, 2009, 09:12 PM »

Oh no! An equaliser. no
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #155 on: April 01, 2009, 09:20 PM »

Scotland are absolute pish. Burley will have cleared his desk by tomorrow if we don't get the three points.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #156 on: April 01, 2009, 09:24 PM »

We just took the lead. Very Happy lol
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #157 on: April 01, 2009, 09:53 PM »

Scotland win! yahooo
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #158 on: April 01, 2009, 09:56 PM »

Scotland win 2-1
N. Ireland win 1-0
England win 2-1
R. Ireland draw 1-1
Wales lose 2-0
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #159 on: April 01, 2009, 10:00 PM »

We were terrible though. Somer of those players shouldnt be getting a look in at the Scotland team, and Burley just cant motivate the players like Smith or McLeish. I still cant beleive we lost to Macedonia and didnt beat Norway. If we had done that we would have one foot in the play-offs already!
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #160 on: April 02, 2009, 11:00 AM »

Scotland are 7th in the 2nd place table! R. Ireland are 8th! woohoo
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #161 on: April 05, 2009, 03:38 PM »

We were terrible though. Somer of those players shouldnt be getting a look in at the Scotland team, and Burley just cant motivate the players like Smith or McLeish. I still cant beleive we lost to Macedonia and didnt beat Norway. If we had done that we would have one foot in the play-offs already!
Scotland are absolute pish. Burley will have cleared his desk by tomorrow if we don't get the three points.

Were you guys watching the same game?

I think most of the players played well. Miller I might criticise for not having any sort of finishing power to speak off, he was pretty poor. Darren Fletcher was distinctly average and much like Ferguson doesn't seem to perform at the same level he does for his club...

The rest of the players though I thought played really well. McCormack was outstanding, Brown has plenty of hussle, Hutton was very good on his full return, Gordon was excellent, Morrisson played well.

The defence was slightly shaky but we played attacking football, which made a nice change. The last 5 minutes were pretty terrible but I thought it was an excellent win.

Not sure how exactly you want us to improve or who you want to bring in? My only suggestions might be Boyd (who doesn't want to play) and Faddy (who is injured).
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #162 on: April 05, 2009, 05:09 PM »

Well in 5 games we've struggled to beat Iceland twice, drawn with Norway, and lost to MACEDONIA!!! It's not great is it? And having a few average players have a decent game, does not make a good performance from the team. We were on the backfoot for a lot of the game and had it not been for Gordon we would have lost. My suggestion is that Burley has to go. He's taken us back a couple of steps. When was the last time we played some decent football?

IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #163 on: April 05, 2009, 05:30 PM »

Well in 5 games we've struggled to beat Iceland twice, drawn with Norway, and lost to MACEDONIA!!! It's not great is it? And having a few average players have a decent game, does not make a good performance from the team. We were on the backfoot for a lot of the game and had it not been for Gordon we would have lost. My suggestion is that Burley has to go. He's taken us back a couple of steps. When was the last time we played some decent football?

Yeah ok, I agree the campaign has been shite, but overall I thought it was a good performance on Wednesday. A much better style of play, attacking football is the way forward. I wouldn't say we were on the backfoot more than Iceland, but I had no access to the stats as I was there, so could only go on what I saw. No replays either which was a pain in the ass!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualification « Reply #164 on: April 06, 2009, 01:31 PM »

Euro 96?

We used to produce players like Law, Dalgleish, Baxter. There's something fundamentally wrong with the set-up in Scotland. We've regressed to the point where we struggle to beat Iceland at home.

Last year was our best chance to make a major final, don't know if we'll get another one for another 4-6 years.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »