Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  2013 Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Reply
Author

2013 Predictions

(Read 3974 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #75 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43 AM »

My only prediction is that next year will be 2014.....might be wrong but hey I'm a gambler.

Not a Mayan then.... Whistle
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #76 on: November 11, 2013, 10:56 PM »

ok the season is over, here's the rankings: http://m.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx

And I have the results in using my scoring system to rate the prediction percentage accuracy:

83% Katie
81% DaveH
81% TheMadHatter
79% backhandslice
77% Tasmanian Devil
75% Grabcopy
75% caroline
74% Bailey
72% Mackem
71% ProdigyEng
70% GangstaMurray
67% laundry
67% blueberryhill

So well done to Katie with her excellent prediction and got 3 of the slams correct as well:

Year end rankings:
1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Nadal
4. Federer
5. Delpo
6. Ferrer
7. Berdych
8. Raonic
9. Tsonga
10. Gasquet

Slams:
AO: Djokovic
FO: Nadal
Wimbledon: Murray
USO: Djokovic
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #77 on: November 11, 2013, 10:59 PM »

Reading back on this thread and how everyone thought Murray would dominate.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #78 on: November 11, 2013, 11:03 PM »

I was actually going to rate Nadal higher and Murray lower but then I changed my mind cause I figured missing some tournaments would hurt his ranking. I didn't predict any slams for Andy glad I got that wrong. Also happy to see I was the only one to predict Nadal winning the US Open, that was the tournament everyone else got wrong Smile

I ranked Del Potro at no2 everyone said was over-rating and turned out correct but he could have been up there, I don't think I over-rated him that much I was expecting a really good season from him. My other main mistakes were putting Ferrer so low and Nishikori so high, he has been disappointing this year and doesn't look like he's going to be doing much any time soon now.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #79 on: November 11, 2013, 11:55 PM »

Reading back on this thread and how everyone thought Murray would dominate.
Fate, unfortunately, has a habit of upsetting even the best-intentioned predictions.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #80 on: November 12, 2013, 12:15 PM »

Thanks for working this out Laundry. Smile

Looking back, Federer's sudden decline seemed so unlikely twelve months ago when he'd had his best season in years - just shows how quickly things can change in tennis. Same with Rafa's near-perfect comeback. And Wawrinka was a major surprise - I wonder if next year another player will have a sudden rise into the top 8?
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #81 on: November 12, 2013, 01:07 PM »

For anybody that maybe interested and has sky Euro sport are now showing a replay of the Davis cup tie Croatia against team GB. 12 30 until 2 30pm Andy playing the first tie at the moment against Dodig on clay.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #82 on: November 12, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Thanks for working this out Laundry. Smile

Looking back, Federer's sudden decline seemed so unlikely twelve months ago when he'd had his best season in years - just shows how quickly things can change in tennis. Same with Rafa's near-perfect comeback. And Wawrinka was a major surprise - I wonder if next year another player will have a sudden rise into the top 8?

First of all, congratulations from me too. Smile   Although I didn't predict it on this thread, I did get the Slams right!

Next year should be interesting for Nadal because he's going to have so many ranking points to defend.  Also I think it will be a make or break year for Federer.  I know he says he wants to go on playing and claims that he doesn't mind his underdog status - but will he still feel that way if he has another season like this one?  32 is quite an age in tennis years for a player to make a comeback, but it has been done, so really we can't rule Fed as being down and out just yet.  As for Djokovic, he's quoted as saying that he's only interested in winning Slams and isn't bothered about regaining his No.1 ranking.

I do hope we see another unexpected rise to at least the top 10, or perhaps a new rising star, because it's that which makes tennis so exciting.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: 2013 Predictions « Reply #83 on: November 12, 2013, 05:43 PM »

First of all, congratulations from me too. Smile   Although I didn't predict it on this thread, I did get the Slams right!

Next year should be interesting for Nadal because he's going to have so many ranking points to defend.  Also I think it will be a make or break year for Federer.  I know he says he wants to go on playing and claims that he doesn't mind his underdog status - but will he still feel that way if he has another season like this one?  32 is quite an age in tennis years for a player to make a comeback, but it has been done, so really we can't rule Fed as being down and out just yet.  As for Djokovic, he's quoted as saying that he's only interested in winning Slams and isn't bothered about regaining his No.1 ranking.

I do hope we see another unexpected rise to at least the top 10, or perhaps a new rising star, because it's that which makes tennis so exciting.

Thanks Aileen - and well done on predicting the slams right, definitely not easy to do. Smile

I think you're right about Federer. For someone who's been used to so much success throughout his career, I can't see him wanting to have many more seasons like this one where he's not a contender for the big titles. At times I thought he seemed a bit subdued at the WTFs this year, almost as if he was thinking it could be his last time there. But if he's right about his back affecting his play for a lot of this season, maybe there will be an improvement next year.

It would be good to see a younger player make the top 10 and stay there - it'd definitely freshen things up a bit.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »