Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not.....

(Read 2167 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « on: November 05, 2005, 05:37 PM »

taken this from another site - most you will probably have seen it.

The BBC have been contacted and have confirmed that the Aberdeen Cup is 'not on their sports schedules'. Contrary to reports from a few weeks ago.
Therefore, if you don't have sky you can't watch it.

I for one am gutted.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 05:55 PM »

Shocking, you would think they would show it on BBC 2 or something, its rediculous, this is two home nations playing each other, as well as two singles matches between Andy and Greg. Surely they shouldput those matches on, considering they showed the Tim vs Andy match?
So some of us will just have to follow it on the internet, which is rather annoying Frown
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 05:55 PM »

Who/what reported the BBC would show the tournament?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 06:27 PM »

personally i never saw anything that confirmed that the bbc are thinking about showing it.. but i did think there could be some chance, obviously not!  Evil or Very Mad i think this is also ridiculous!! ...yea ok, they don't have to show the doubles, fair enough.. some might prefer some stupid reality program.. but Andy vs Greg.. c'mon!!!  :x  i swear british TV has something against tennis!  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 06:47 PM »

I'd be fairly suprised if they don't show at least Andy vs Greg but then again, in the BBC's mind, Andy has already proven he is the british no1 therefor lowering the interest in him taking on the british no2.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 07:19 PM »

Crying or Very sad I WANT TO WATCH IT
I live in Belgium, so I only have eurosport and bbc, why god why
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 09:20 PM »

There's STILL no listings for 26th November!

Grrrrr. Perfectly comprehensive Beeb stuff up till the 25th.  Rolling Eyes  but full listings for Sky, there's nowt on Sky Sports or Eurosport unless they change their schedule.

Wink I'll keep checking.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 06:55 AM »

Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 10:33 AM »

I do honestly think they should put it on. Maybe we should start a petition and send it to the BBC :-) (not that that would work lol)
also would any sites have livescoring for it?
hmmm :Idea: maybe ill have to move in  with a friend for the week :-)
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 01:53 PM »

Guy with axe BBC are sooo annoying! i mean c'mon! this is the best tennis you're gonna get for the rest of 2005.. not including Shangai... so why not show the damn thing!  Think

They will probably have the live scores on http://www.livescore.com/tennis.dll when the time comes  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
red?

Thays so annoying « Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 02:31 PM »

I though by now the bbc would of relised that this is such a big match !!  jaw They showed Murray vs Henman why not now !!!

Now I wil have to follow the scores on the internet . computersmilie  Not as good.

Shame on you bbc
IP Logged
Annie Binannie
Top Seed

Aye she does.

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 03:03 PM »

If The BBC aren't showing it, who is?! I'm going to be in Aberdeen that weekend but couldn't get Tickets!!!!! So instead I get tortured (shopping!!!!! I HATE IT!!!!) :-({|=
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 03:10 PM »

Quote from: "Annie Binannie"
If The BBC aren't showing it, who is?! I'm going to be in Aberdeen that weekend but couldn't get Tickets!!!!! So instead I get tortured (shopping!!!!! I HATE IT!!!!) :-({|=

sky......as always......they have tennis, cricket, football! gar. what more do they want??!
lol have to disagree with you on the shopping front.....LOVE IT!! i havent been since i got to uni - thats over a MONTH!! i am severly shopping deprived at the moment!! Very Happy
IP Logged
Annie Binannie
Top Seed

Aye she does.

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 03:12 PM »

awww duuuuuuude!!!!! i HATE shopping lol Last time i went was two weeks ago in the wanderful city of Aberdeen, yes I am in Aberdeen A LOT!!!! I don't live there though!!! Where you at Uni?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Aberdeen Cup on the BBC....or not..... « Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 03:23 PM »

Quote from: "Annie Binannie"
awww duuuuuuude!!!!! i HATE shopping lol Last time i went was two weeks ago in the wanderful city of Aberdeen, yes I am in Aberdeen A LOT!!!! I don't live there though!!! Where you at Uni?

oxford Smile and there are some gorgeous shops here - i just never have the time to peruse (lol love that word so much) them!!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »