Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Andre Agassi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andre Agassi  (Read 3711 times)
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #180 on: October 30, 2009, 10:38 AM »

Perhaps he has to be very reserved around the underprivaleged kids, and then it all gets bottled up and he blows a gasquet when someone shoves a microphone/ tape recorder in his face... Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #181 on: October 30, 2009, 10:42 AM »

Perhaps he has to be very reserved around the underprivaleged kids, and then it all gets bottled up and he blows a gasquet when someone shoves a microphone/ tape recorder in his face... Smile

He has always liked the sound of his own voice which was a bit offputting, but he's going to extremes nowadays which is very disappointing.  Maybe he's not getting enough attention at home !!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #182 on: October 30, 2009, 11:10 AM »

Why do athletes have to be punished for recreational drug use anyway? The ATP might as well ban players for speeding on the motorway.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #183 on: October 30, 2009, 11:12 AM »

I have no problems with tennis players taking recreational drugs (crystal meth is not a performance enhancer)

Not the best way to maximise your potential as an athlete, but it's their choice.

However, lying to the authorities was disappointing to hear, especially coming from someone like Agassi.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #184 on: October 30, 2009, 11:12 AM »

Why do athletes have to be punished for recreational drug use anyway? The ATP might as well ban players for speeding on the motorway.

I'm sure that I heard that it can heighten something but probably won't work in a tennis pro.  I think anyone should be punished for doing something illegal and the severity of the punishment depends on the severity of the illegality. 
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #185 on: October 30, 2009, 12:19 PM »

Precisely.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #186 on: October 30, 2009, 07:00 PM »

Even more talk .......

Nadal, Federer shocked by Agassi

THE world's best two players have expressed their dismay that Andre Agassi was not punished for failing a drug test after using crystal methamphetamine in 1997.

The sport's greatest player, Roger Federer, said he was shocked the positive test had been covered up and said it was imperative any future cases be made public.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26283234-2722,00.html
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #187 on: October 31, 2009, 10:41 AM »

The exchange is getting a little more heated ... looks like #'s 1 & 2 are dishing it out for a change

Nadal questions ATP role in Agassi case

World number two Nadal said: "If the ATP covered for Agassi then I think that's dreadful. If they covered for the player and punished others for doing the same kind of thing then that would seem to me to be a lack of respect for all sportsmen."

Roger Federer, the world number one, was also stunned by Agassi's story.

Federer added: "It was a shock when I heard. I am disappointed and I hope there are no more cases in future."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5j5JLo-wZuhJzDqq8vcaHjNjMdQhA
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #188 on: October 31, 2009, 11:01 AM »

Oh ffs, it's just recreational drug use, Nadal needs to get a grip.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #189 on: October 31, 2009, 11:02 AM »

Oh ffs, it's just recreational drug use, Nadal needs to get a grip.

Think you're missing the point here ...... Nadal is taking a big swipe at Agassi for his previous remarks ..... that's what makes it interesting ..
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #190 on: October 31, 2009, 11:05 AM »

Well, that is your theory and it might be true but who knows.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #191 on: October 31, 2009, 11:07 AM »

Well, that is your theory and it might be true but who knows.

Yes it is and I have been wondering just how long it was going to take Nadal to get back at Agassi (in public) for Agassi's ill chosen remarks .... So eventually Agassi handed the opportunity to Nadal on a plate - "wham bam and thank you ma'am" .....
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #192 on: October 31, 2009, 06:40 PM »

I guess its because they are role models, people look up to them etc.. Can't have little Jonny thinking it's ok to go around drinking spiked sodas and kissing druged up ladies.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #193 on: October 31, 2009, 07:51 PM »

Yes it is and I have been wondering just how long it was going to take Nadal to get back at Agassi (in public) for Agassi's ill chosen remarks .... So eventually Agassi handed the opportunity to Nadal on a plate - "wham bam and thank you ma'am" .....

What on earth are you talking about? Agassi's remark was intended as a compliment. How sensitive do you think Nadal is that he would take offence to a remark that was clearly complimentary?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #194 on: November 01, 2009, 10:54 AM »

And this is still rumbling on ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8333115.stm

Martina Navratilova also described the news as "shocking", adding: "Not as much shock that he did it as shock he lied about it and didn't own up to it."

She told the Associated Press: "Andre lied and got away with it. You can't correct that now. Do you take away a title he wouldn't have won if he had been suspended? He beat some people when he should have been suspended."

The ATP said it could not comment on Agassi's drug-taking revelation because it had withdrawn its doping case against him.

But the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada), which has since helped tighten up drugs procedures in tennis, has asked the ATP to "shed light" on the case.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »