Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Andre Agassi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Andre Agassi

(Read 4506 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 10:41 AM »

I'm off before this gets ugly  nervous  lol  Have fun, boys and girls...  wave
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 10:41 AM »

Who do you have in mind when you say this?  What makes it better?
Truth is better, period.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 10:42 AM »

It's not about to get ugly ..... so you're safe ... Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 10:43 AM »

Only gets ugly when Daisy baits, she has yet to bait in in this discussion Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 10:44 AM »

Truth is better, period.

Well you didn't answer the two questions I asked, but that's okay, I didn't expect you to.
 Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 10:45 AM »

Only gets ugly when Daisy baits, she has yet to bait in in this discussion Smile

Sounds like I just got awarded a gold star for good behaviour ..... who'd have thunk it ... Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 10:45 AM »

Well you didn't answer the two questions I asked, but that's okay, I didn't expect you to.
 Smile
I did but it was brief, I'll elaborate for you.

Who do you have in mind when you say this? 
I would assume everyone would rather know the truth about their lives and the people around them than live in a lie.

What makes it better?
I would assume everyone would rather know the truth about their lives and the people around them than live in a lie.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 10:47 AM »

I did but it was brief, I'll elaborate for you.

Okay ..... so ...

I'll ask this again ..

The best example I can think of to demonstrate this point is the old one of ...... a man/woman has an affair which is now over and which his/her partner is unaware of.  Should he/she confess? 

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 10:52 AM »

You didn't ask that at first? I answered both your questions which were basically joint together as one question

OK, so now you are asking me on my opinion about the example you just gave. My statement in my previous post was very general, it counts for most situations.

The example you gave is tricky and there is no correct answer to everyone in that situation. What you do depends on what you think your wife would appreciate most... do you think she would appreciate the truth but feeling hurt or would she appreciate a lie but avoid the hurt? You also have to factor in what level of hurt you think your wife would feel. So I can't answer it, different for each relationship.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 10:54 AM »

You didn't ask that at first? I answered both your questions which were basically joint together as one question

OK, so now you are asking me on my opinion about the example you just gave. My statement in my previous post was very general, it counts for most situations.

The example you gave is tricky and there is no correct answer to everyone in that situation. What you do depends on what you think your wife would appreciate most... do you think she would appreciate the truth but feeling hurt or would she appreciate a lie but avoid the hurt? So I can't answer it, different for each relationship.

I certainly did ask the "affair" question before the other two - Post 737 to be precise.

However, I'm delighted to see that I have converted you to my viewpoint ... good man.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 10:55 AM »

However, I'm delighted to see that I have converted you to my viewpoint ... good man.
Like I said, my truth statement was always intended to apply to most situations. My opinion on the example you gave has not changed or been converted.

Not once in the history of this forum have you changed my viewpoint on anything, you give yourself too much credit Wink
[ Last edit by Mark October 28, 2009, 10:59 AM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 01:18 PM »

Of much more interest is his admission that he always hated playing tennis.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 01:25 PM »

It's sad to hear that another well-loved and respected player has fallen foul of this. However, it seems he really regrets it and it is in the past. He's not the first and won't be the last...and I'd prefer to read ths about a retired player than one who is currently at his/her prime.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 01:49 PM »

Wow that is shocking!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Agassi admits use of crystal meth « Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 01:51 PM »

Really?  shocking  I wonder why he continued to do it, then?  Does he say why?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »