Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Anyone but Murray.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Anyone but Murray....

(Read 2411 times)
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 11:43 PM »

I don't mean it as a claim that that's the way he is........... I just don't really take to him from what I've seen. Can't like everyone.

you miss the point entirely, you again make an unsubstaniated claim, you say "thats the way he is" - by this i take it you mean quite cold and lacking in empathy for his fellow tennis professionals - for all we know, his coldness (i prefer the word aloofness) and his awkwardness as you put it, could be down to his culture (scandanavian: noted for being little reserved) or the simple fact that he could be a shy young man? in conclusion i don't think you know him intimately enough to make such a judgement call on him like you do. That said i agree with you when you say we can't like everyone. perhaps next quantify your statements more before making such sweeping statements about a persons character. hug
IP Logged
spocler
Futures Level

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 11:46 PM »

I meant that I don't think that that's necessarily the way he is. Sorry, not being clear Smile You could be right. I don't mean it as a judgement either, but I don't enjoy watching him.
Yeah, I'll be more careful to explain what I mean
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 11:50 PM »

you miss the point entirely, you again make an unsubstaniated claim, you say "thats the way he is" - by this i take it you mean quite cold and lacking in empathy for his fellow tennis professionals - for all we know, his coldness (i prefer the word aloofness) and his awkwardness as you put it, could be down to his culture (scandanavian: noted for being little reserved) or the simple fact that he could be a shy young man? in conclusion i don't think you know him intimately enough to make such a judgement call on him like you do. That said i agree with you when you say we can't like everyone. perhaps next quantify your statements more before making such sweeping statements about a persons character. hug

Or of course you can get off your high horse and take the comment in the context it was said, where various people were saying they can't take to Soderling Rolling Eyes She said-

I'm the same. He just seems like quite a cold, awkward person. I have never seen him show any empathy towards another player either. He seems to only focus on himself.

Then in the next comment said that it didn't mean 'that's the way he is' but how she viewed him.

next time read the comment properly before jumping down people throats- and you wonder why the world doesn't like psychologists.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 11:51 PM »

I meant that I don't think that that's necessarily the way he is. Sorry, not being clear Smile You could be right. I don't mean it as a judgement either, but I don't enjoy watching him.
Yeah, I'll be more careful to explain what I mean

Thats ok, i too don't like his style of tennis, its too one dimensional for me, makes for very hard watching, i get bored quickly!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 11:58 PM »

Or of course you can get off your high horse and take the comment in the context it was said, where various people were saying they can't take to Soderling Rolling Eyes She said-

Then in the next comment said that it didn't mean 'that's the way he is' but how she viewed him.

next time read the comment properly before jumping down people throats- and you wonder why the world doesn't like psychologists.

Hazybear! i did not jump down their throat, and i read the post carefully thank you. Anyway the reader took it in ther spirit of the disscussion! if your offended by my points thats ok, we are all allowed our opinions. i'm not going to get dragged into a war of words with you. And as for the world not liking psychologists - not sure where you get this statement from, but like i said earlier in this post, you are entitled to your opinion, i'm not in the least bothered by your statement, i guess it comes with the territory. I've had worse said to me. i'll survive. hug
IP Logged
Rosie
Junior

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 01:17 AM »

Hazybear! i did not jump down their throat, and i read the post carefully thank you. Anyway the reader took it in ther spirit of the disscussion! if your offended by my points thats ok, we are all allowed our opinions. i'm not going to get dragged into a war of words with you. And as for the world not liking psychologists - not sure where you get this statement from, but like i said earlier in this post, you are entitled to your opinion, i'm not in the least bothered by your statement, i guess it comes with the territory. I've had worse said to me. i'll survive. hug
Self love yuk
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 02:18 AM »

but I don't enjoy watching him.

I saw him in Oz this year and didn't enjoy him either.  Saw Fedex to and I was a bit Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 05:56 AM »

Tsonga, Simon, Lopez, Nole, and now  Dimitrov, from the little I've seen.
Least Delpot and Soderling.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 08:06 AM »

From what I've read, the most popular players in the dressing room are Nadal, Tsonga and Robredo. Tommy's done amazing things for charity.

The Comms I was listening to yesterday said that delPo is also in "the most popular players" in the locker room.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 09:00 AM »

Oh for an awful moment I thought this was an anti-Andy thread - particularly having just read how the morons at Wimbledon were shouting 'come'on Tim' or supporting his opponent - not because they were supporters of him but because they were anti-Andy.
Anyway in no particular order:
Baghdatis, Simon, Tsonga, Rafa
NOT: Fed, Sod, Berdych.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 09:03 AM »

This is quite hard:

1. Hewitt
2. Gonzalez (Fernando that is) great to see him back
3. Dimitrov
4. Bahrami
5. Dolgopolov (not sure why I like watching him, he comes across as really cocky and struts about, but I'm really drawn to him)

Dislikes: Soderling, Delpo and Tomic
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #41 on: June 24, 2011, 09:47 AM »

The results so far:

Tsonga 8
Rafa 6
Nalbandian 4
Monfils 3
Baghdatis 3
Roddick 2
Hewitt 2
Simon 2
Lopez 2
Nole 2
Kohlschreiber 2
Baghdatis 2
Dimitrov 2
Bahrami 2
Haas 2
Gonzalez 1
Dolgopolov 1
Mahut 1
Gasquet 1
Corretja 1
Verdasco 1
Ferrer 1
Clement 1
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #42 on: June 24, 2011, 09:54 AM »

Oh for an awful moment I thought this was an anti-Andy thread

Yeh, that was the intent! I wanted to lure you all in Wink
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #43 on: June 24, 2011, 10:16 AM »

Nadal, Djokovic, del Potro, Gulbis, Dolgopolov
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Anyone but Murray.... « Reply #44 on: June 24, 2011, 10:26 AM »

Updated:

Tsonga 8
Rafa 7
Nalbandian 4
Nole 3
Monfils 3
Baghdatis 3
Roddick 2
Hewitt 2
Simon 2
Lopez 2