Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Anyone use tennistv.com? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Anyone use tennistv.com?

(Read 3479 times)
Muzzamad

Anyone use tennistv.com? « on: August 23, 2011, 01:52 PM »

Hi, I currently watch tennis on Sky Sports but as I am trying to save some money (it is the only sport we watch) I was wondering about tennistv.com. Is it any good/cheaper than sky? Does anyone on the forum use it?
Cheers, muzzamad
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:58 PM »

Hi! I have used it but now use Bet 365. Advantages of tennistv is that you get a full screen which somehow I've not managed yet on Bet 365. But Bet is a only fiver and you get the choice of many more matches. Also, I've found the quality of the stream better. I found tennistv quite limited in number of matches it showed.
Think you can buy a tournament for a small sum, so you could try it?  
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:03 PM »

I don't think you can get a bigger screen on bet365, but if you find a way, do let me know.....the cheeky beggars charged me a tenner! shocking
IP Logged
RositaK
Junior

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 01:20 AM »

I use it and yes you get a full screen. Quality is usually good. Now we get all the WTA matches as well. And way more tournaments. They used to focus only on the Masters. They have a chatroom also.
IP Logged
Granny

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 01:33 PM »

I've been using TennisTV.com for at least 3 years now, and I'm very happy with it.  I certainly wouldn't pay out for Sky TV just to watch tennis!  The only problem with TennisTV is that they don't cover the slams, presumably because they are not ATP tournaments.  The BBC has coverage of 3 of the slams but not USO, so I'll be searching around for dodgy streams for the next two weeks.

ETA - I understand that the USO is on Eurosport, so I've just taken out a month's subscription to Eurosport player for £3.99.  They are now showing highlights of last year's final.
[ Last edit by Granny August 29, 2011, 03:35 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:49 PM »

Granny, thanks for that Smile Just bought myself one month's worth. Gotta watch it on my PC but a lot better than nowt, so thanx again thumb up
IP Logged
Granny

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:10 PM »

I'm sorry, blueberryhill, that you have wasted your money.  I am extremely disappointed that Eurosport player have not shown Andy's match nor any other British players.  I shall be writing to tell them that they took my money under false pretences.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:26 PM »

Granny, how disappointing was that! Had to watch on livehunter and endure countless ads Frown
Will write too.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 10:40 PM »

Not sure how they can stream matches of the British women when the courts they are on don't have TV cameras on them.
IP Logged
Granny

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 08:43 PM »

Well, I've sent them an email today.  Cracking match on between Monfils & Ferrero and they were showing Scheepers v Barthel.
IP Logged
tripler

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 04:13 AM »

What are the best free streams for the US open? I use the selection from www.fromsport.com - various companies streaming mostly Eurosport. Wii Cast is usually quite good quality, though you can't tell who is streaming it till you hit fromsport's link.

Sometimes I can find one with english commentary, sometimes foreign only and sometimes none at all. Anyone found a free stream that always has english commentary>
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 07:58 AM »

tripler, u can try livehunter but it doesn't work for Canada.
IP Logged
Granny

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 03:18 PM »

Update re Eurosport Player - this is the email I've received back from them today:

Due to rights restrictions, not all events broadcast on Eurosport are available on British Eurosport, that is the case for the US Open. However, this aspect of the service is under regular review with new events added as rights become available. We do apologise and are refunding you your monthly subscription.
IP Logged
tripler

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 03:32 PM »

that's pretty good of them.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 04:24 PM »

Granny, they just refunded my sub as well. thumb up
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »