Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Anyone use tennistv.com? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Anyone use tennistv.com?

(Read 3674 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 04:32 AM »

Hi, I currently watch tennis on Sky Sports but as I am trying to save some money (it is the only sport we watch) I was wondering about tennistv.com. Is it any good/cheaper than sky? Does anyone on the forum use it?
Cheers, muzzamad g
Sorry just caught up with this thread.  I've been using tennistv for 18 months now and pay them an annual sub - which is very much cheaper than paying separately for each tournament, and certainly substantially cheaper than Sky.

You get high quality streaming from ESPN and are able to watch selected matches in minor tournaments, like the Thailand Open, which aren't shown on Sky.  The one drawback is that, because it's the ATP official live-stream, it doesn't show Slams or Davis Cup, but if the BBC aren't showing any of those either, I fall back on LiveScoreHunter.

So if you haven't already made up your mind, I'd go for it.

By the way I tried Eurosport Player before tennisTV and found it pretty useless.  Too much focus on women's tennis for a start (yawn!)
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 05:36 AM »

i use it and it is pretty good it is like $30 a month
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 05:13 PM »

I've been using tennistv for 18 months now.  You get high quality streaming...I fall back on LiveScoreHunter.

I've only just started watching online tennis this past week and used LSH.  Is the paid-for stream noticeably better quality?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 08:38 PM »

I've only just started watching online tennis this past week and used LSH.  Is the paid-for stream noticeably better quality?
It depends where the stream is coming from, so it's always a bit of a hit or miss, and also you can't always get English commentaries.  At least with tennisTV you know exactly what you're going to get - very good quality streaming and, of course, English-speaking commentators as ESPN is an American-based TV channel.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 09:36 AM »

...you can't always get English commentaries.  At least with tennisTV you get very good quality streaming and English-speaking commentators.

I was lucky last week.  It was either no commentary or English and both are fine with me.  Mind you, I don't mind not understanding the commentary.  It beats not seeing the match at all.  So when you say "very good quality", is it a clearer picture you get?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 12:23 AM »

I was lucky last week.  It was either no commentary or English and both are fine with me.  Mind you, I don't mind not understanding the commentary.  It beats not seeing the match at all.  So when you say "very good quality", is it a clearer picture you get?
Yes, the picture is usually very clear, but if you're lucky enough to pick up ESPN on LSH then you'll get a better picture than on some other streams.

I don't mind lack of commentary either because I can read the game, but I do like to listen to the court noises (except grunting!) and to hear the commentators provided they're sensible, which ESPN's main ones generally are.  Another minor drawback though is that tennisTV often doesn't show the early round matches in tournaments, depending on how many they're covering in the same week.
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 01:24 AM »

Does anyone use tennis tv though?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 04:20 AM »

Does anyone use tennis tv though?
Bailey - suggest you read the recent comments before posting. Smile  I already said that I use tennisTV and gave my reasons why.

IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 04:23 AM »

Bailey - suggest you read the recent comments before posting. Smile  I already said that I use tennisTV and gave my reasons why.

Okay sorry
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 05:53 AM »

Just some friendly advice, that's all. Smile  Anyway you sound quite a tennis enthusiast.  Do you play the sport, or just enjoy watching it?
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 06:07 AM »

Nah i play tennis
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #26 on: January 01, 2012, 03:24 PM »

Has anyone tried their iPhone app and if so is it Any good?
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 03:23 PM »

Has Barry Cowan been commentating for Tennis TV before?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 03:43 AM »

Just started to used it Very Happy
IP Logged
angelonboard

Re: Anyone use tennistv.com? « Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 03:32 AM »

It works for me. I use it away from home and to steam through my Apple TV.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »