Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Federer 3-0
Federer 3-1
Federer 3-2
Nadal 3-0
Nadal 3-1
Nadal 3-2

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal

(Read 3199 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #210 on: January 26, 2012, 12:52 PM »

Yeah it's time to turn the table a bit on that one.
I'm more concerned about a choke however.

Unfortunately Andy is not worth a GS if he chokes like he has done in the past, Rafa and Nole will simply wipe the floor with him. Somewhere inside I'm thinking he is slightly more mentally stable this year though, he ticks all the other categories to win. Smile
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #211 on: January 26, 2012, 12:57 PM »

I think if there was any proof that Federer looks brilliant until the Semi Finals and then can't keep it up when he faces the two ranked above him, this match was it. Every grand slam we hear about Federer being the favourite and every time he can't keep up when the going gets tough. I'm not saying Federer is on the road out, far from it, but it would take a high psychological overhaul to pull of consecutive Nadal/Djokovic victories. Pretty much the same situation as Andy is in, except Andy has time on his side, Federer doesn't.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #212 on: January 26, 2012, 12:58 PM »

I agree, & of course, Murray needs to act all grown up now or he is toast.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #213 on: January 26, 2012, 01:40 PM »

Hooray for Rafa yay
Where's ak whatsit when u need him 
Agree with both comments above. He's gotta raise his game and GO Super
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #214 on: January 26, 2012, 01:41 PM »

I was not bothered who won to be honest, I was just hoping for a 5 setter and put each other through the ringer.  Sword fight
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #215 on: January 26, 2012, 02:31 PM »

Rafa was good Today but there is nothing inevitable about him nor Novak, still they are serial slam winners and have to be put ahead of Andy.
We still dont have a good idea of Andy's form yet, but given the way his draw luckily opened up thats unsurpising.
Certainly he's played enough Tennis already to be prepared & should have plenty of physical & mental energy for the days ahead. So I expect nothing less than the extraordinary from him in the coming days & he's going to need it.
IP Logged
Lucky Loser
Challenger Level

Damed if we do & Damned if we don't!

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #216 on: January 26, 2012, 03:53 PM »

Rafa was good Today but there is nothing inevitable about him nor Novak, still they are serial slam winners and have to be put ahead of Andy.
We still dont have a good idea of Andy's form yet, but given the way his draw luckily opened up thats unsurpising.
Certainly he's played enough Tennis already to be prepared & should have plenty of physical & mental energy for the days ahead. So I expect nothing less than the extraordinary from him in the coming days & he's going to need it.

There is actually one thing inevitable about Rafa and the new Nole ----- they both fight for every point and never give up. I thought Rafa really showed this today in the 4th set when serving for the match and going down break points. It could have been oh so different if he had allowed Federer the break.
Andy has been lucky in the way that his draw opened up but it means nothing as he is still faced with the W.no.1 and hopefully, no.2 in the final.

It'll be everything x'd...along with a bottle of Valium and a safe seat behind the sofa for me tomorrow  Let's hope the Lendl factor kicks in and he does what he did to Llodra and body smash Djokovic off the court  pray  That would be aggressive enough play for me Whistle
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #217 on: January 26, 2012, 03:58 PM »

anytime Fed goes out its a happy day for me .
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #218 on: January 26, 2012, 04:29 PM »

Well done Rafa, its great to see Mr Smug taken down a peg. Maybe Mats Wilander  will now shut up what a pain he is. It is so so obvious that he loves Mr Smug and goes way way over the top. I was getting so angry with his commentary. Federer has shown that he does not have the will to go all the way when playing Rafa.
Just so glad Rafa won and Mr Smug is out of the AO.
IP Logged
Lucky Loser
Challenger Level

Damed if we do & Damned if we don't!

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #219 on: January 26, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Well done Rafa, its great to see Mr Smug taken down a peg. Maybe Mats Wilander  will now shut up what a pain he is. It is so so obvious that he loves Mr Smug and goes way way over the top.

Does anyone know what happened to Wilander to land him up in hospital this week? Chris Bradnam (or whatever his name is) alluded this morning on air that it had something to do with a toilet & a light switch w00t
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #220 on: January 26, 2012, 05:23 PM »

I think he mentioned kidney stones the other day but I can't stand either of them and don't really listen to all the waffle.    They didn't keep him in long enough!!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #221 on: January 26, 2012, 05:32 PM »

What I heard is that he had a fall (Do not know if it was in the toilet) he damaged his liver or his kidney. He had to have blood transfusions as he lost a lot of blood. He apparently had a tear.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #222 on: January 26, 2012, 05:42 PM »

What I heard is that he had a fall (Do not know if it was in the toilet) he damaged his liver or his kidney. He had to have blood transfusions as he lost a lot of blood. He apparently had a tear.

Seemingly, he had a fall in his hotel room which resulted in a tear to his kidney.  Sounds a bit bizarre to me but, not being a medic, I wouldn't know how common or rare this sort of thing would be.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #223 on: January 26, 2012, 05:48 PM »

probably was reaching to kiss the poster of Fed he has above his toilet , and slipped and fell into the sink. stretcher
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 SF: Federer vs Nadal « Reply #224 on: January 26, 2012, 06:23 PM »

I was not bothered who won to be honest, I was just hoping for a 5 setter and put each other through the ringer.  Sword fight

Me too!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »