Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  If Serena Williams played in the mens draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw where in the world do you think she would rank?
Top 100 - 2 (28.6%)
100 -  200 - 1 (14.3%)
200 - 400 - 1 (14.3%)
400 - 600 - 0 (0%)
600+ - 3 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

If Serena Williams played in the mens draw

(Read 463 times)
laundry
Top Seed

If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « on: January 18, 2013, 01:09 PM »

Just curious... if Serena Williams played in the mens draw how effective do you think she would be? And where in the world do you think she would rank alongside the men?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 06:39 PM »

Not even close to the top 100.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 06:50 PM »

Murray was asked about this with Henman and McEnroe and im sure he said not even top 2000. Ill try to dig out the clip
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 06:51 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8780054.stm
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Just curious... if Serena Williams played in the mens draw how effective do you think she would be? And where in the world do you think she would rank alongside the men?
Well, she would make sure the men had decent fluffy towels.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 08:24 AM »

I wanna remove my vote...was about to vote 100-200.....she can be quite a decent player actually. Very, very aggressive.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Wouldn't even beat a 1000 ranked player
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 04:37 AM »

^ Why not? She has a decent serve and I guess the main problem would be her speed....she wont be able to cope up with all the running and all...
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40 AM »

Not even close to the top 100.

Agree.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: If Serena Williams played in the mens draw « Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 02:06 PM »

^ Why not? She has a decent serve and I guess the main problem would be her speed....she wont be able to cope up with all the running and all...
Her average serve speed of her last match was 110mph.

She would get torn apart. Her game is all about power and she's so dominant because the women are so slow (relative to the men) - the male players fitness and speed is hell of a lot quicker, even down in the lower echelons.

I think 1000 is exaggerating, as that tends to be 18 year olds and journeyman players in their 20's who have never made it and never will.

500 though, probably. Olly Golding sits in the 430's (I think) and could probably beat her.

It's impossible to say and all hypothetical anyway, but put her on court against anyone in the top 100 and I'd be amazed if she even won a game. I suppose mentally she is probably far stronger though, it's the only area she is.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »