Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP Masters 1000 Shanghai 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Reply
Author

ATP Masters 1000 Shanghai

(Read 2564 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: ATP Masters 1000 Shanghai « Reply #195 on: October 18, 2009, 01:33 PM »

Leif Shiras made a good point when he said that the shoe manufacturers need to address the different surface which was used this week and manufacture shoes which have no resistance on the soles

He can't mean that. No resistance on the soles == tennis on ice. That'd be an amazing spectator sport, but I don't think it'd help the injury situation much..!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: ATP Masters 1000 Shanghai « Reply #196 on: October 18, 2009, 03:16 PM »

He can't mean that. No resistance on the soles == tennis on ice. That'd be an amazing spectator sport, but I don't think it'd help the injury situation much..!

I didn't misunderstand what he said .... he means smooth soled tennis shoes for the particular surface they have been playing on all week. Apparently the surface had a lot of sand in it which made it #2 on the scale for slowness, #1 being the slowest.  This makes the surface grab the shoes etc etc ...
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: ATP Masters 1000 Shanghai « Reply #197 on: October 18, 2009, 03:41 PM »

Maybe they should get on to Davydenko's shoe supplier.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: ATP Masters 1000 Shanghai « Reply #198 on: October 18, 2009, 04:07 PM »

I didn't misunderstand what he said .... he means smooth soled tennis shoes for the particular surface they have been playing on all week. Apparently the surface had a lot of sand in it which made it #2 on the scale for slowness, #1 being the slowest.  This makes the surface grab the shoes etc etc ...

Ah, I see.

Even better, the ATP could use real hard court surfaces instead of cunningly disguised clay...  Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: ATP Masters 1000 Shanghai « Reply #199 on: October 18, 2009, 04:28 PM »

Ah, I see.

Even better, the ATP could use real hard court surfaces instead of cunningly disguised clay...  Eyebrow raise.

Seems to me they need to re-think it .... there was someplace else (can't remember where now) that had the same surface - lots and lots of grit .... lots and lots of complaints about it too ...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »