Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 688 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 141942 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1230 on: March 27, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Knowing it's been windy all week I thought the conditions would benefit Andy against Djokovic, assuming they both got through the tournament. What I didn't expect was Djokovic to lose to Haas. I honestly can't quite believe it. That said, I don't know, but something tells me that Djokovic's confidence isn't what it has been this year, the AO notwithstanding.

Haas has done well to keep going, but I just don't like him. There's just something about him, like Berdych and Raonic, that gets up my nose.

I don't know why some have a problem with Ferrer. Sure, he isn't good enough to consistently get through the top players, but I think you have to give him credit for keeping his ranking up. He does it the hard way, by playing everything, or so it seems, and doing consistently well.

Just out of interest, who do you all think will make the final?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1231 on: March 27, 2013, 11:31 AM »

Knowing it's been windy all week I thought the conditions would benefit Andy against Djokovic, assuming they both got through the tournament. What I didn't expect was Djokovic to lose to Haas. I honestly can't quite believe it. That said, I don't know, but something tells me that Djokovic's confidence isn't what it has been this year, the AO notwithstanding.

Haas has done well to keep going, but I just don't like him. There's just something about him, like Berdych and Raonic, that gets up my nose.

I don't know why some have a problem with Ferrer. Sure, he isn't good enough to consistently get through the top players, but I think you have to give him credit for keeping his ranking up. He does it the hard way, by playing everything, or so it seems, and doing consistently well.

Haas gave Nole a run for his money in Toronto last year. 6-3 3-6 6-3.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1232 on: March 27, 2013, 12:14 PM »

Nole doesn't like windy conditions (remember the USopen....), was that a factor last night? I didn't see the match. The conditions were windy during the Seppy-Murray match, but  I don't know if it was the same in the evening.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1233 on: March 27, 2013, 12:18 PM »

Nole's biggest problem has always been the conditions. Haas came out with lots of variety last night to which Nole had no answer to. But still, I think he was hampered by the conditions from the get go.

This opens up all sorts of possibilities for the side of the draw. The tougher draw is still on the other side with players like Cilic, Berdych remaining who seem to be very in form at the moment.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1234 on: March 27, 2013, 12:31 PM »

Think it might well be Ferrer.  I'm sure we'd all settle for a Ferrer v Andy final
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1235 on: March 27, 2013, 12:36 PM »

I'm sorry, who's actually been moaning?
Look at the media headlines.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1236 on: March 27, 2013, 01:22 PM »

I think on principle I dislike any player who might threaten my hero. Makes me sad I know, but that's how it is. My particular wrath though is reserved for the arrogant (Federer, Raonic, Janowicz at al), the ones who demonstrate poor sportsmanship (Federer, Nadal, Berdych, Ferrer et al), those I suspect of being possible dopers, (Nadal, Djokovic and Ferrer). The players I like are those who actually aknowledge what a great chap Murray is, and who comes over as good sportsmen, (Nishikori, and Bahgdatis). Tsonga doesn't do it for me, I don't really know why. I was pleased for him when he got the doubles Silver Medal, I think he deserved it. I also do feel for him in that he battles on manfully, but never seems to get the big prizes.

I am quite prepared to be shouted down on any of this, given its all irrational...!!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1237 on: March 27, 2013, 01:42 PM »

I think on principle I dislike any player who might threaten my hero. Makes me sad I know, but that's how it is. My particular wrath though is reserved for the arrogant (Federer, Raonic, Janowicz at al), the ones who demonstrate poor sportsmanship (Federer, Nadal, Berdych, Ferrer et al), those I suspect of being possible dopers, (Nadal, Djokovic and Ferrer). The players I like are those who actually aknowledge what a great chap Murray is, and who comes over as good sportsmen, (Nishikori, and Bahgdatis). Tsonga doesn't do it for me, I don't really know why. I was pleased for him when he got the doubles Silver Medal, I think he deserved it. I also do feel for him in that he battles on manfully, but never seems to get the big prizes.

I am quite prepared to be shouted down on any of this, given its all irrational...!!!

I respect your opinion even though I like Janowicz a lot... But Raonic arrogant? The kids humble imo.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1238 on: March 27, 2013, 01:43 PM »

The only up and comer I show a thread of respect to is Goffin.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1239 on: March 27, 2013, 01:46 PM »

I don't like Ferru's game and he's off putting to watch when he's sweating like mad after just 1 point. I respect him but I'd never support him in a million years.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1240 on: March 27, 2013, 01:47 PM »

The only up and comer I show a thread of respect to is Goffin.

The Smugfed fan boy who got double bageled of neiminen?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1241 on: March 27, 2013, 01:50 PM »

The Smugfed fan boy who got double bageled of neiminen?

He's having an off season. He seems to be getting there now though, had a deep run in Miami.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1242 on: March 27, 2013, 01:51 PM »

He's having an off season. He seems to be getting there now though, had a deep run in Miami.

Meh I doubt the guy has the weapons to challenge as much as the other youngsters but I could be wrong. Maybe you should start aiming for the highs GM lol
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1243 on: March 27, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Meh I doubt the guy has the weapons to challenge as much as the other youngsters but I could be wrong. Maybe you should start aiming for the highs GM lol

such as the Pole.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1244 on: March 27, 2013, 01:53 PM »

such as the Pole.

The pole has no weapons? lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 688 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »