Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 671 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 134689 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1245 on: March 27, 2013, 01:54 PM »

The pole has no weapons? lol

He is barely serving aces now. His drop shot has become predictable.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1246 on: March 27, 2013, 01:55 PM »

I respect your opinion even though I like Janowicz a lot... But Raonic arrogant? The kids humble imo.

Raonic's attitude before his US Open match was very arrogant in my opinion. He redeemed himself a bit after the match, but then started mouthing off again. Like Janowicz it could be that they are both just young. They need to achieve a bit more first. Like you I can respect Ferrer for what he has achieved - he has certainly made the most of his talent. I just think he is a bit dubious. He's a similar age to Federer, but showing no signs of slowing down. Makes me suspicious, but as I say my likes and dislikes are completely irrational. I am interested in other views though. I will reconsider Janowicz. Mind you I think Tomic is a complete tw*t. There have been comments about Murray and his mum in the past, most of which I think have been unjustified. Judy's Fed Cup work shows her worth, as well as guiding two sons to GS triumph. in the case of Tomic and his dad I think any comments are completely justified.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1247 on: March 27, 2013, 02:02 PM »

He is barely serving aces now. His drop shot has become predictable.

His dropshot is still effective, when his serve is on it's great, but he needs to get used to serving consistent first serves out doors, check him indoors in the last Davis Cup rubber for Poland he was on fire. Also his forehand is a massive weapon when on. He's got a much better game than Goffin just not as good a head as goffin
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1248 on: March 27, 2013, 02:08 PM »

Watching the post Nole video last night ,he said the ball wouldn't bounce and he got too many unforced errros 20 somthing.he said he just didn't feel good on the court ,it was just an off day.it was very cold for miami ,its very cold today 49 degrees this morning in Tampa
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1249 on: March 27, 2013, 02:08 PM »

I don't like Ferru's game and he's off putting to watch when he's sweating like mad after just 1 point. I respect him but I'd never support him in a million years.

How do you feel about Nadal?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1250 on: March 27, 2013, 02:10 PM »

Raonic's attitude before his US Open match was very arrogant in my opinion. He redeemed himself a bit after the match, but then started mouthing off again. Like Janowicz it could be that they are both just young. They need to achieve a bit more first. Like you I can respect Ferrer for what he has achieved - he has certainly made the most of his talent. I just think he is a bit dubious. He's a similar age to Federer, but showing no signs of slowing down. Makes me suspicious, but as I say my likes and dislikes are completely irrational. I am interested in other views though. I will reconsider Janowicz. Mind you I think Tomic is a complete tw*t. There have been comments about Murray and his mum in the past, most of which I think have been unjustified. Judy's Fed Cup work shows her worth, as well as guiding two sons to GS triumph. in the case of Tomic and his dad I think any comments are completely justified.

Tomic needs to split from his father and get a tough coach, I feel he needs a tough coach, kinda like Lendl, who won't stand for any ****, and will keep him in check.

Janowicz is misunderstood imo, but I do understand why people might hate him. He gets frustrated too easily and can't control his anger when something messes up for him in his match.  He seems a nice guy off court, and I think language barrier might also be a difficulty he's facing right now which he can improve on in time. Heck I even heard he broke down after he heard what Polish media were saying about him after his Miami Meltdown, apparantely the Brazillian crowd was not only being Partisan but also throwing nasty (not sure if racist) insults at Janowicz. That'd be tough for even the best to be able to deal with.

As for Raonic I dunno, he generally does seem like a nice genuine guy, who's always smiling, yet just likes to throw the odd spanner in the works a few times to hype up his big matches a little bit more. I think him and Laura Robson will end up dating soon.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1251 on: March 27, 2013, 02:11 PM »

How do you feel about Nadal?

Good game, respect him, but don't support him either.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1252 on: March 27, 2013, 02:28 PM »

Good game, respect him, but don't support him either.

But he too sweats a lot, isn't it? In fact, much more so than Ferrer.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1253 on: March 27, 2013, 02:31 PM »

But he too sweats a lot, isn't it? In fact, much more so than Ferrer.

Yeah that's off putting but I like his game, I dunno why I added that in about Ferrer sweating, I wouldn't like his game whether he sweated a lot or not.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1254 on: March 27, 2013, 02:46 PM »

Look at the media headlines.
So no-one actually on here then?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1255 on: March 27, 2013, 02:47 PM »

I respect your opinion even though I like Janowicz a lot... But Raonic arrogant? The kids humble imo.
lmao

He's worse than Federer, and achieved absolutely nothing to back it up. Don't get me wrong, he seems a nice enough guy, but humble? Deary me. Surely a wind-up.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1256 on: March 27, 2013, 02:49 PM »

I don't like Ferru's game and he's off putting to watch when he's sweating like mad after just 1 point. I respect him but I'd never support him in a million years.
You know what? I totally agree with you. I think he's a pusher and his game bores the hell out of me, he managed to drag every match down to a slog fest.

But the crap about his ranking is totally false and I'm not sure why you constantly have to ram it down everyone's throats how much you hate Ferrer whenever he is mentioned. We get it dude.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1257 on: March 27, 2013, 02:49 PM »

Yeah that's off putting but I like his game, I dunno why I added that in about Ferrer sweating, I wouldn't like his game whether he sweated a lot or not.

Yea, I do agree. I do like his game better than Ferrer' but Ferrer is not that bad in terms of his game. I guess for me it's an overall perspective of him. I probably like Ferrer's tennis better than Ferrer himself.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1258 on: March 27, 2013, 02:50 PM »

Did you intend to put swearing?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1259 on: March 27, 2013, 03:02 PM »

Did you intend to put swearing?

No, perhaps I should used that instead, but loadsa players swear including Andy at times, so I dunno if I can hold that against Ferru.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 671 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »