Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 692 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 146783 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1320 on: March 28, 2013, 07:11 PM »

Gasquet better be ready for tonight's match.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1321 on: March 28, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Personally don't mind him, just think he's over-rated after the Paris fiasco. His race ranking of #69 is probably far closer to where he really stands in the tennis world. Needs to cool his temper though, it's embarrassing when he loses his sh*t over tiny little things. As someone else (I think it may have been Neil Harman or David Law) phrased it - he's like McEnroe without the charm.

He should be so lucky to have an ounce of the talent Mac had, leave alone the charm bypass.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1322 on: March 28, 2013, 10:14 PM »

Tough scheduling for Jelena Jancovic. Played the last QF at 7pm local time yesterday (lasted 2 1/2 hours), then 1st SF v Sharapova today at 1pm.

Serena Williams and Radwanska get the night slot for their SF, having played their QFs on Tuesday.

#Jankovic rails against the scheduling. 'It doesn't make sense...others had a day off...I was late on every shot'

Better for the men: Ferrer v Haas is the first SF tomorrow. Andy v Berdych/Gasquet on at 7pm local time.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1323 on: March 28, 2013, 10:28 PM »

Tough scheduling for Jelena Jancovic. Played the last QF at 7pm local time yesterday (lasted 2 1/2 hours), then 1st SF v Sharapova today at 1pm.

Serena Williams and Radwanska get the night slot for their SF, having played their QFs on Tuesday.

#Jankovic rails against the scheduling. 'It doesn't make sense...others had a day off...I was late on every shot'

Does seem very unfair but presumably it's about American tv and Serena Williams. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1324 on: March 28, 2013, 11:02 PM »

He's dug himself a bigger hole there.
How has he dug himself a bigger hole you absolute tool.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1325 on: March 28, 2013, 11:02 PM »

How has he dug himself a bigger hole you absolute tool.

Ahum I thought we ended this nonsense.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1326 on: March 28, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Those sunglasses don't help. My initial impression whenever I see someone wearing those in sport is, 'wow, what a cock.' Tomic has a similar pair that he wore when he was younger.

Personally don't mind him, just think he's over-rated after the Paris fiasco. His race ranking of #69 is probably far closer to where he really stands in the tennis world. Needs to cool his temper though, it's embarrassing when he loses his sh*t over tiny little things. As someone else (I think it may have been Neil Harman or David Law) phrased it - he's like McEnroe without the charm.

I agree he needs to cool the temper. It will only help him improve.

I'm not sure I agree with you about his race ranking comment of #69 being far closer to where he stands in the Tennis world. He earned his Paris run, just like he earned a round showing in Wimbledon last year after having to go through the qualifying, pretty impressive round to reach as a qualifier imo. Of course, the change will be hard for him to adapt to, and I wouldn't be surprised if his ranking does drop a little bit after Paris. However, it's not at all possible that he could protect his ranking just by living up to his seed in the slams, just like he did in the AO, and winning a 500 before Paris. The guy is something special indoors, imo, it suits his game down to a tee, no wind or other conditions too effect his forehand, which is going to be a lot more effective on faster courts anyway. 

We'll see though, I'll continue to enjoy watching him whether he reaches the highs of Tennis or not. He's certainly a unique character, and I've certainly felt a connection with him and became a fan over the past 7 months or so.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1327 on: March 28, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Ahum I thought we ended this nonsense.

Yes we have just felt like calling you a too haha
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1328 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11 PM »

Ah well what can I say Prod, your a spoon.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1329 on: March 28, 2013, 11:13 PM »

Ah well what can I say Prod, your a spoon.

Not as effective as a tool, spoons..
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1330 on: March 28, 2013, 11:14 PM »

Not as effective as a tool, spoons..

They are capable of getting the **** out of people, spanners aren't.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1331 on: March 28, 2013, 11:21 PM »

Berdych and Gasquet both playing really well.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1332 on: March 28, 2013, 11:24 PM »

U2 are my second favourite double act after Robbie & scotnadian.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1333 on: March 28, 2013, 11:26 PM »

U2 are my second favourite double act after Robbie & scotnadian.

Why not first?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1334 on: March 28, 2013, 11:30 PM »

Coz they are funnier......sorry  lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 692 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »