Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players 2 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 689 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players

(Read 142208 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1665 on: March 29, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Well, Agassi himself got caught out when he was doing crystal meth, but managed to claim his assistant ('Spike'!) had slipped some into his drink. They're obviously gullible, these testers.
Crazy - what's the point? 
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1666 on: March 29, 2013, 11:03 PM »

Crazy - what's the point? 

Of taking crystal meth? Despair. He hated tennis and his marriage was collapsing. He was all over the place.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1667 on: March 29, 2013, 11:03 PM »

I'm the same. Apart from the woman bit. I think.

I like Tsonga, Nishikori and Dimitrov among others, but if them winning was of detriment to Andy's progress I'd rather them lose. It's nice to see them do well but I can't say I'm that bothered when they lose.

And we both don't like Ferrer. See, we have a lot in common.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1668 on: March 29, 2013, 11:04 PM »

Not sure about Ferrer. Not sure he's on the level.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1669 on: March 29, 2013, 11:06 PM »

I don't mind him. He's just a bit of a nuisance, from Andy's perspective. Especially because, of all the top four, he only seems willing to actually fight against Andy. His performances against Djokovic are a joke.

His game is also very bland. Just a slogger.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1670 on: March 29, 2013, 11:11 PM »

I don't mind him. He's just a bit of a nuisance, from Andy's perspective. Especially because, of all the top four, he only seems willing to actually fight against Andy. His performances against Djokovic are a joke.

His game is also very bland. Just a slogger.

And Federer and Nadal don't forget.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1671 on: March 29, 2013, 11:13 PM »

Of taking crystal meth? Despair. He hated tennis and his marriage was collapsing. He was all over the place.
No - I meant what's the point of testing if they're just going to take on board any excuse.  As for Agassi - everyone makes mistakes.  I think he looks very happy now - so that's good.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1672 on: March 30, 2013, 06:48 AM »

I agree plus he has a really great backhand. As I said, I'm not really patriotic and wouldn't support anyone simply because they are German or British. When I support someone it's because of their game, not their nationality.

I'm like that, it's the tennis that counts. Didn't care about Henman and co.
Just really joyful bonus that Andy is a Brit wub
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1673 on: March 30, 2013, 04:31 PM »

That was funny. When the drug test showed up traces of coke, Agassi advised Reeechard to claim a girl coke-user had kissed him in a nightclub. Unbelievably, the testers believed him.
I thought it was Nadal who came up with the suggestion?
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1674 on: March 30, 2013, 04:32 PM »

Not sure about Ferrer. Not sure he's on the level.
Is Ferrer using the same medical outfit as Nadal?...just asking!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1675 on: March 30, 2013, 05:19 PM »

Masha vs Williams has been the best match of this tournament, even better than any of the mens matches.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1676 on: March 30, 2013, 06:03 PM »

Sharapova was a set and a break up but Williams has now won 7 games in a row and leads 4-6, 6-3, 3-0, up a double break.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1677 on: March 30, 2013, 06:04 PM »

Some outstanding Tennis from Serena these past 7 games.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1678 on: March 30, 2013, 06:11 PM »

Bagel coming?
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: ATP/WTA Tour - The Other Players « Reply #1679 on: March 30, 2013, 06:12 PM »

I remember we discussed sycophantic commentators when Federer and Rafa were playing but this ladies final effort is so much worse!

When Serena misses a serve the sun got in her eyes and when a ball goes out by an inch the wind blew it. A good effort from Sharapova but once Williams got on a roll there was no way back. The tactic of hard hitting against Serena would only work for a two set win? Sharapove looks exhausted as she is not so physically fit as her opponent.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 689 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »